CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 25, 2003, 03:27 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

I have all 3 consoles also and at the moment I would say the xbox for just 1 game, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, its excellent and one of the only games I have ever played that is worth 35, been playing it for over 30 hours, alot of PS2 games last for 4 or 5 hours.

But with the rumors of price drops I would wait awhile and get both.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:11 PM
Veteran

Gamecube over the Xbox, unquestionably.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 04:01 PM

i have a ps2 and the all mighty Dreamcast right now and i would go with the box next

REASONS:

Halo
Halo 2
appz
divx
internet play
many more
Old Sep 26, 2003, 07:42 PM

have you noticed that the gamecubes price drop took it down to the same price as the gameboySP?
Old Sep 27, 2003, 04:17 PM
Veteran

This is a stupid question to ask - you are basically asking us to tell you what you should buy!

Do you not have any free will?

This is a personal decision. You should look around and see which system offers the games YOU are most likely to want to play and which offers the facilities YOU require.

Both consoles have their various plus and minus points and both are very good so decide which is more suited to YOUR needs.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 02:07 PM
Veteran

I have all 3, and if a game comes out across the board, I always buy it for Xbox, hands down.
So that alone should say something.

But Nintendo has some fantastic first party games as mentioned, and with how freakin cheap it is now, its a great purchase.
I saw a flyer at EB the other day that said buy any game over $19, get a GC for $69.99

Thats a great deal.
Star Wars, Zelda, and The Mario games alone are enough reason to buy the system.

I kinda see it like this, Xbox has the best graphics, but most of its games can be found on Ps2, or Pc.
(Especially now that Halo has been released.)

Ps2 has a few great liscences, and a ton more games then the other systems. Not to mention, Id bet its the one that lives the longest.

GC is obviously the weakest of all the systems, in both power, and selection, but what is there is outstanding.

Thats just my opinion, but as said, this is all just a matter of your personal choice.
Since you already have Ps2, the dvd player is not an issue, and since you apparently have a Pc, Id say go for the Cube. Its way cheaper, and has some amazing games coming for the holidays.
Xbox will be dropping in price, so on that Id wait.