CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 25, 2003, 07:29 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

ps XBL is a cash cow for microsoft and the hackers know this.
not only would an xbl bypass completely ruin the experience by allowing trainers etc but the fact that people could run the backup games on it would bring ms down on the hackers like a ton of bricks
Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:52 AM
Veteran

amen. psibob

also, for those that are curious, our pal paul (the man behind the lba48 patch) discovered the hash used to authenticate LIVE games. he even stated that's it's a simple 16 byte patch.. so if your question to is it possible to play backups on live? of course it is! now is this a good idea? NO. as psibob stated, ms would come crashing down HARD on everyone. new xbox versions have seen nothing more than slight changes in the LPC bus and a new rc4 here and there. the new 1.4/1.5 xbox are just the same. no imagine if somebody released a bios that would get us on live with our backups without being banned. i think ms would change alot more than the lpc bus. (if you know what i mean) ms knows xbox hacking is big time.. and they actually kindof encourage it by turning their heads. don't push it
Old Sep 26, 2003, 08:44 AM

You said a lot but basically very soon you will be able to play live...right
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:20 PM
Veteran

you mean play backups on live? hopefully not ever.. it's possible right now, but nobody is willing to bring the scene to a crashing hault over it.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:29 PM
Veteran

I'm not very technically adept when it comes to the whole issue of bioses and how they boot but i was wondering whether provided the xbox hd is locked and you have nice "unmodded" e: drive partition could you not get the bios to boot to the f: drive where everything (the dashboard -whichever one you choose- and all the apps, games are held)
so then if ever you get a new live update which i assume saves itself to either to the c or e drives you will never run the risk of the live update saving over any of your non-kosher apps or games?
Also that way you would not run the risk of the live software being able to possibly detect non-legit software on the c: & e: partitions?

Or is this is what is being done nowadays anyway?
Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:07 PM
Veteran

that is excactly how i have my 80gig seagate setup.
i have left my c drive and e drive untouched and instaled evox mxm avalaunch games apps movies etc to my f drive.
that way when i boot with the chip of the xbox cant see the f drive and all appears normal, but when i flip the switch on i have modified the bios to boot evox of the f drive.