CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 30, 2003, 02:48 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Just wanted to add that you will want to get rid of any link to the MS dash that you might have under your EvoX/MXM/whatever menu. If you even access the MS dash with the chip on, IT WILL LOG ONTO LIVE with the new Live dash.

So basically what I'm saying is, if you want to access the updated MS dash for whatever reason (CD ripping, save managing), make sure your chip is off.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 06:38 PM
Veteran

what happends if i press the link by a mistake. Can i turn the xbox off real quick b4 it loggs on.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:16 PM
Veteran

it would have to be in the blink of an eye before it even started to load it.
as soon as it loads it connects to xbl and BAM
Old Oct 01, 2003, 05:51 PM
Veteran

SO does "bam" mean no more xbox live. Does it also mean no more evox will it over write my files.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 06:13 PM
Veteran

It won't overwrite any files and I can vouch for that. I just very recently updated the dash and I'm still running fine.

Yes BAM means no more Live, from that Xbox anyway. MS bans the Xbox's ID (More often called the EEPROM). You can still use your account on another Xbox.
Old Oct 02, 2003, 05:56 AM
Veteran

do all you guys not have any non legit stuff (non m$ dashboards, apps, games etc) saved to the c: or e: partitions?

I bought mine premodded but starting to get the confidence to mess around with software at least.

I'm not sure how the guy whom i bought the xbox off placed the files, but if i wanted to move all mod related software to the f: partition (i assume no m$ prog could look in that paritition as no retail xboxes would have an f: partition) would i need to mess with the bios? something i'm not too confident about doing