CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:14 PM

Default For all forum users read

sponsored links

Hi im just new to this forum and have a question. I was pmd by some fool via Yahoo Messenger claiming to work for yahoo. I have kept a log just incase and now he is threatening me with legal action take a look

this is his user id chatroomregulator

Gaz this is to inform that we at Yahoo will have to seize your hard drive. We were going to let you continue to use our server with just a warning. However you have threatened my job and now we have decided to take further action. I have been in constant contact with my collogues at Yahoo UK. I am based in San Francisco California so this has become an international joint operation.
Gaz this is serious and you should seek legal advice as soon as possible. MI5 has notified us here at the Yahoo U.S. offices that they have been investigating you as well. So if I were you Gaz I would evaluate my behavior and make some phone calls.
If you have any questions you can email us at [email]yahoohumanresources@yahoo.com[/email]

Yahoo Staff

Is this guy for real. I can post the logs if need be.

Please Help I dont know if i should take this seriously

Last edited by Freemer; Sep 25, 2003 at 01:16 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:26 PM
Veteran

Sounds like a load of bollox to me. The warning letter looks very badly worded for a start, plus they would do a lot more than sieze your harddrive if it was for real. And M15 are invesgating you? LMAO! forget it unless you're a member of al qaeda.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:30 PM
Veteran

I would say it is nothing to worry about as there are many hoax types of messages, why would he give you the HR e-mail addy as well? That would not IMO be the mail addy that they would use - As for Mi5 - well I am sure that they would be at your door before the message came up - trust me -

Edit: Hey Uranus - they are going to be looking for you now - The listening centre (GHCQ) for Mi5 will be scanning for posts and e-mails that have your last words in

Last edited by gooner; Sep 25, 2003 at 01:33 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 01:56 PM
Veteran

LOL @ Gooner

Nothing to worry about Freemer. Just ignore!!
Old Sep 25, 2003, 02:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by MasterMind [/i]
[B]LOL @ Gooner

Nothing to worry about Freemer. Just ignore!! [/B]
lo m8 - nice to see you back - or just been on here in stealth mode?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 02:02 PM
Veteran

I better hide my warez now before james bond bursts through the window.
Closed Thread