CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 26, 2003, 01:20 PM

Default Xbox Multi-Game / ISO help needed

sponsored links

Hi All,

I have been trying to move my xbox backups onto my computer by just inserting the DVD-R in the PC DVD-RW Pioneer 105 Drive So far without success. The objective is to make ISO images of my games for a program called craxtion (xbox Utility that can be used to make multi-game Disc) for more efficient backups.

I other words I'm trying to avoid the cable form the xbox ftp method if at all possible.

Below is a brief description of of what has not worked.

1. NERO Made a nero image using the disc copy method then saved the image to folder on desktop but program would not recognize it. I think because it was not an ISO.

2. CloneCD Made an image using clonecd but again same problem.

3. Prassi Primo DVD Tried to build a Global Image using prassi but no go...

Basically any time I try to access the D: drive I Get something like this error...

D:\ is not accessible

The file or directory is corrupted & unreadable

This is most likely operator error so Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thank For Your Time
Old Sep 26, 2003, 02:03 PM
Banned

Pc drives can't read xbox games, only the xbox drive can read them. Your going to have to ftp to your pc. The only other option is ********** and buy your backups.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 03:16 PM

I guess the thing that throughs me off is I'm able to back up my Xbox Backups using the disk copy method with prassi with no problem...
Old Sep 26, 2003, 03:33 PM
Veteran

Use xiso (or alternative) and rip the files from the dvdr via the 105 to your pc. then remake the iso. it's best to use gdfimage for this to get a perfect xbox iso. you only need to rip originals from xbox to pc, not already burnt copies.

Last edited by Uranus; Sep 26, 2003 at 03:36 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 03:57 PM

Thanks Uranus for the tip!

Just tried xiso but when i tried to access the d drive through xiso I got the same error....

D:\ is not accessible

The file or directory is corrupted & unreadable

This time I'm almost sure its operator error because as strange as it may seem my version of xiso is in Espanol & I canít get it to switch to English. the xiso version I'm using is xISO 0.7.3L - YURSOFT if that helps.

I you could please be more specific about how to do it this way with xiso that would solve this problem & be very much appreciated.

Thank Again for Your Time!
Old Sep 26, 2003, 06:53 PM
Veteran

For english goto>>herramientas>>opciones. click on english and restart the prog. then pick your 105 from the drop down list. make sure an xbox dvdr is in the drive, lol..then click on the button to the right of the drop down menu>>read XDVD.

Sometimes it gives the error>>the inserted cd/dvd doesn't have an xbox file system. click ok and try again and it should work..

Good luck..