CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 27, 2003, 05:17 AM

Default Halo Combat Evolved FLT Rar help

sponsored links

I've downloaded Halo Combat Evolved for the pc which is 686MB from bittorrent. I get a load of files named flt-halo.001 to flt-halo.048 and flt-halo.sfv. I selected them all and went to open and it said 'Choosing 49 items to open may take a long time' Then each file asks me what to open it with individually, so I have 49 tabs on my taskbar.

How do I open them all in winrar?

Cheers
Old Sep 27, 2003, 05:20 AM
Veteran

You only need to open the first one, i.e. 001.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 05:33 AM

Thanks for the reply, but when I do that it says 'The archive is either in unknown format or damaged' I tried this with some others a while ago and they all said the same thing. They can't all be damaged can they?

Also after I do this the icon changes from an unkwn file icon to one with a little rar icon inside, how do i change it back?

Cheers
Old Sep 27, 2003, 07:51 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Stoke Lad [/i]
[B]Thanks for the reply, but when I do that it says 'The archive is either in unknown format or damaged' I tried this with some others a while ago and they all said the same thing. They can't all be damaged can they?

Also after I do this the icon changes from an unkwn file icon to one with a little rar icon inside, how do i change it back?

Cheers [/B]
use the sfv file to check if the rars are ok if they are then use the latest winrar to extract the files from the rars. And you'll want to leave the icon as it's associating the files with winrar so that you can open it
Old Sep 27, 2003, 08:14 AM
Veteran

The Icon changed because you left the always use this program to open these files option ticked, to change it back just delete .001 from your file type settings.

The files can't be corrupt (bittorrent redownloads corrupt chunks), so I would think it is because your version of winrar is outdated. As said try the latest version.
Old Sep 27, 2003, 08:48 AM

Similar problem, I have extracted the .001 rar file and for some reason instead of a BIN file it has called itself an AVG.Update (anti virus) file. Obviously when burned in Nero it will not install the game.

Would be grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers