CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 30, 2003, 05:33 PM

Default when u use dvdshrink..wat level of compression do u use

sponsored links

wat level of compression do u guys usually shoot for?
i'm talking about...dvd9 to dvd5..with menu's and all...
(fixed menu's and everything to still pictures..but not much difference)
what level of compression do you guys usually go for?
seems like i can only get level 9 when i do full disk
Old Oct 01, 2003, 02:20 AM

have u tried the new 3.0 version. i gotta say it is alot better. usually i rip my movies to my hd with decrytper then do what i must in shrink. the new version pretty much does it all for you. just remember you have to open disk and not try to decode and compress with files. i tried compressing with files and my files were to big. i just did gladiator, seven, snatch, and fightclub. they are all full movies with menu's. copy quality is still pretty good. i have a lcd in in my room and watching the movies look as good as seeing them on the tv.
so now i have full movies with a good compression and no more of those damn still pics.
try it and you'll like it.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 02:36 AM
Veteran

Definitely upgrade to V3.0. Pick it up at www.dvdshrink.org it will automatically configure the disc to give you the best possible quality. The quality is better with the new DVD Shink. It also gives you the option of doing a deep ****ysis which takes longer but improves the quality. It delivers excellent quality. I just use DVD Shrink to do everything though (except burning of course) and it does the job just fine. No need to use DVD Decrypter for anything but DVD5s.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 02:53 AM
suspended

Yep, although v3.0 b5 is a Beta it is pretty stable overall.

dvdshrink should hopefully be releasing a new version in the next few weeks and there will be a number of changes to it prolly mainly on the reauthor side.

Even us officiall Beta testers don't know exactly what changes and when the release will be made as of yet. When Mr Shrink tells me I'll tell you.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 03:22 AM
Veteran

Yes it's a little beauty although I think the reauthoring is a bit buggy. Just used it on a flipper DVD (Stormship Troopers) & it took a bit of playing about before discovering how to combine the 2 sides of the disc. You'd think the reauthoring (drag & drop) would work like v2.3 (but it doesn't). Maybe it's supposed to but the version I downloaded today sure doesn't.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 05:00 AM

I can only agree, v3b is the biz, certainly recommend doing the deep ****ysis, it does lengthen encoding time but having two copies of Chicago side by side, one with and one without it CERTAINLY is worth doing. Sweet.