CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 01, 2003, 07:08 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Any of you guys been using IC8 yet (i guess this is aimed at Lazaa in particular) how do you reckon the 2 stack up IC8 vs dvd shrink 3 beta 5

the one thing i like about IC8 is you can completely remove a vob series (well replace it with a tiny vob that is like 1 sec black screen) where as with dvdshrink short of reauthouring the best you can do is make unwanted steams "still pictures"

the one thing i don't like is the time it takes to re encode!

Quality seems slightly better to me but that may just be an inbuilt bias because IC8 takes like 3x longer to do the re-encoding (so it must be better )

p.s. thanks lazaa for the tip about where to look on maximising the file output on IC8
Old Oct 01, 2003, 10:18 AM
suspended

Yep, IC8 is the business for sure!

I only use DVD Shrink for discs that require either zero compression after reauthor or can keep 85 - 90% of original quality. Everything else goes through IC8 especially series discs for which it is superb. Now I have a DVD burner on my 2nd system though I think I will be going the CCE route a bit more often.

With IC8 I have it setup to ****yze 200mb of the DVD, yes it does take a long time but I feel the end results are slightly better overall on most discs. And as you say the editing out of stuff is so much better now, a real improvement over IC7.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 11:03 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Lazza [/i]
[B]With IC8 I have it setup to ****yze 200mb of the DVD, yes it does take a long time but I feel the end results are slightly better overall on most discs................. [/B]
Do you have to set the ****ysis of the dvd? I didn't even know there was an option to do this. I've only ever done IC8 rips "out the box" e.g. without changing settings other than the file size

How come you only do 200mb? Time?

Sorry for jumping on the thread but i'm kind of feeling my way through IC8 at the moment

Also I read somewhere in the forum that IC7 was not very good for Animated series.... is this true for IC8 and was this even really true for IC7, as i'm about to back up my simspons series 2