CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 06, 2003, 09:13 AM

sponsored links

Hi Gooner firewall is enabled have started to use spybot the start of every week. Have found that I still have Trojan Horse virus every time my screen saver comes on Iget a message to run AVG, have run spybot and AVG but they don`t find the virus any ideas?
Smitzer
Old Oct 06, 2003, 11:33 AM
Veteran

What application is coming up saying that you have a trojan/Virus? Just wondering whether you are getting a pop-up pretending to inform you that you have a virus - advertisement like - also if you run proggys such as Kazaa - SPybot will actually remove some of the fuiles needed to run Kazaa
Old Oct 11, 2003, 01:23 PM

Hi Gooner
Its taking me a while to get back to u thought i had fixed my problem but no. The message i get up is files found in C:\ system volume information\-restore the about 2 dozen numbers after this at the top of the message it still comes up with Trojan horse virus
Smitzer
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:40 AM

Hi Gooner
Updated spybot and it solved my problem removed all the Dyfica B files

ta
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:55 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

If you would like to prevent this sort of thing from happening again, download and install [url=***********.webattack.com/get/spywareblaster.shtml]SPYWARE BLASTER.

Once you download, "check for updates", "select all", then "protect against checked items".

Apart from regular updates, that's all you have to do.