CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 01, 2003, 09:20 AM

Default So Infuriating!!

sponsored links

please help me guys-i am tearing my hair out-just installed an optorite +-r dual format writer-if i copy a ps2 game to ritek dvdr it plays fine no problems but all dvds i have copied will not play on any of my standalones! i tried a coupla diff media today which i know for sure worked in the standalones when copied on a friends pioneers and my copies dont work. i can play em fine in the pc drive tho. i had one +r disc that came with the writer and when copying a movie onto this it works perfectly! am i missing a setting for opening/closing the disc before burning?(nero 6 ultra edition)-have also tried using roxio but same result-i bet i am missing a really obvious point here but i really need some help here!
Old Oct 01, 2003, 09:35 AM
Veteran

So they work on your friends and not your i gather. What is dvd player brand and model ?
Old Oct 01, 2003, 01:55 PM
Veteran

Default Re: So Infuriating!!

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by GLORYBEAR [/i]
[B]please help me guys-i am tearing my hair out-just installed an optorite +-r dual format writer-if i copy a ps2 game to ritek dvdr it plays fine no problems but all dvds i have copied will not play on any of my standalones! i tried a coupla diff media today which i know for sure worked in the standalones when copied on a friends pioneers and my copies dont work. i can play em fine in the pc drive tho. i had one +r disc that came with the writer and when copying a movie onto this it works perfectly! am i missing a setting for opening/closing the disc before burning?(nero 6 ultra edition)-have also tried using roxio but same result-i bet i am missing a really obvious point here but i really need some help here! [/B]
What method are you using to backup movies?
Old Oct 01, 2003, 02:37 PM

sorted now-took the drive back to shop and swapped it for a pioneer 106 and using exactly the same writing method and media as before everything works perfectly so clearly the optorite drive was knackered!
Old Oct 01, 2003, 04:25 PM
Veteran

Gotta love those Pioneers. Glad to hear it was a simple fix.