CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 07, 2003, 11:52 AM

sponsored links

I used to work for M'Soft so it works like this:

Small and large companies buy licenses, they come in packs of five for the smaller organisations, and corporate users (250+) are treated differently, and have a Microsoft re-seller to look after their requirements.

How it works: If you buy five licences for Office, then you are allowed to purchase the disk kit and copy that onto five desktops. You need to activate those but you get the activation key with the disk kit.

For corporate users who have large volumes, there is no activation key required for obvious reasons.

If you purchase Office 2003 licences you can still load Office 2000 or Office XP on your desktops, as the licence is backwards compatable.

Hope that clears things up & if you don't need to activate the product, it's not properly licensed because it's a volume licencsed disk kit it came from.

Scott
Old Oct 08, 2003, 03:36 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Nuttapper [/i]
[B]Yea, its all on one CDR (700Mb), very cleverly done full great GUI, all zipped up as I said, there's a lot of work gone into this, even the PID's have been put into place just incase your a LaMeR [/B]
aye,very clever.i think the cd does take a little longer to load,
me had the full version of this for over a month and half.
mesh computers and 1 or 2 other companys who got it off microsoft did'nt keep it in a safe place till launch and someone managed to get a copy