CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 07, 2003, 06:04 AM

Question Does the Audio exploit get you evox?

sponsored links

Does the Audio exploit get you evox?
Old Oct 07, 2003, 06:59 AM
Veteran

It's a little more complex than that but yes, it can do.

I suggest you head on over to www.xbox-scene.com and find their Dashboard Exploit forum section. You will find everything you need far easier over there.
Old Oct 08, 2003, 10:11 AM
Veteran

on another note, I remember a while back that there were some games that rewrote your dashboard (When people had their dashboard auto booting to EvoX the game would rewrite the original dashboard back over it)

would these games break the exploit then? would you need to get it re exploited after every time you put one of these games in? I am still a bit nervous to go over to the exploit rather than go throuhg the hassle of putting in a mod chip...

Old Oct 08, 2003, 10:41 AM
Veteran

Well, in theory you should update your dash to the first Xbox Live enabled version (Which is the dash that the games would update to). You can use any of those games that are Live enabled to do so before you attempt the exploits. Bear in mind that the dash updating only took place if you selected the Live tab in the game. As you would be running a modified Xbox with the exploits, you should never go near the Live tab anyway.

Just remember that the exploits DO REQUIRE some form of intelligence. You must understand exactly what it is your doing before attempting anything to do with the software exploits. You can **** up and because you probably won't have a chip, it can be a pain to restore your Xbox to working order. I'm not trying to put anyone off doing the exploits, but what I am saying is that if you still can't write say your own evox.ini file, forget doing this and go with a chip.