CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:10 PM

sponsored links

Okay thanks Arthur I followed your advice with cdrhack and yeah I got a cd with a first session offset of 11700... PERFECT! I then used Selfboot Buddy to make my ISO... wondering if I should have done that or just tried to use Nero or CDRWIN to burn the files straight w/o turning them into an iso first. OR... if I should have just made the iso and patched ip.bin in manually using the selfboot tools.... if this doesn't work I"ll try that next. I'm burning the ISO with CDRWIN using the settings specified in the readme... man I hope this works If not I think I'm getting closer! It all makes sense now, why the regular files, the original ones, I can get to load up... not sure why it wont work after that but I've read of enough people having that exact same problem... even the lemec readme mentions this problem as one of the main reason they made their own! And it makes perfect sense why I couldn't get the lemec ones to work AT ALL... they were patched for 11700... and I kept getting 11702. So now that I've solved that problem (many thanks, again!) this thing SHOULD work....

Last edited by bast525; Oct 14, 2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 08:21 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO it didn't work!!!! it DID make a difference though.

Before, if I burned the Lemec files, the dreamcast would start up and go straight to the dc menu screen (with the dancing controller) and if I clicked the controller (play) it would say "Please insert game disc" now it's recognizing the disc... if I click play it restarts the system. *sigh* I dont get it why didn't it work??? I know the readme says the files are already patched for lba of 11700... and your method made a disc with that offset... why didn't it work??? I got 3 cdr's left to figure it out....
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:00 PM

goddammit!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

Okay I went back to your post on the other thread: ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54396

And followed your walkthru to the letter. This time with cdrhack and cuttrack I was able to get an offset of 11700. I made the iso manually thru DOS, following your instructions to the letter, and burned the disc using cdrecord. It gave me no errors... everything went the way it should have. STILL wont fuggin work!!! Another change, when I booted this one up it didn't say consolevision under the sega logo like it usually does. Then it just goes to the dc menu with the dancing controller....Man... I really dont get this...
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:35 PM

Trying to burn it one more time, this time I'm using the regular segagen files, not the lemec or obsidian hacked ones....
Old Oct 14, 2003, 09:46 PM

!@!%$!&^%@$&%!$@&$!&@

Okay... fuggin... grrrrrrrrrr

Started completely from scratch, and burned the regular segagen files. Same routine. used cuttrack on the audio.raw, then cdrhack to burn it. Offset comes out as 11700. Didn't patch the 1st_read and ip.bin files, as I figure they are already hacked to 11700. Used mkisofs to make my iso, and ip.ins to insert the ip.bin. Burned it using cdrecord. Same results as what I started with. The emu starts, goes to a blue screen with options on it and a red >, but NO listing of roms or directories or anything. I can change the sound, skip, and mode options with the x,y, and b buttons, but that's it. Now what?
Old Oct 15, 2003, 03:52 PM

i know what might be the issue. i used to get the blue screen too how ever it turned out i was buring it wrong.

check it:

Use nero and make sure you have a non self booting version of segagen.

now follow the readme file till it's time to burn.

now here is why you might get the blue screen. with nero if you just burn it it won't work for some odd reason.

use these settings and it will work. i know this for sure cause i have 2 cds full of games.
===============================
Iso level 2

31 char max

mode 1

joilet
=============================================
it will work trust me i wasted 20 cds trying it and these are the only settings that worked and i got it from this forum.

good luck.