CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 15, 2003, 08:50 PM

sponsored links

Those are the same settings I've used dude... exact same settings.

I've even got a file called NeroSettings that I downloaded that is setup specifically for burning dreamcast... that's the first place I got those settings from. How do I know one way or the other, if the files I have are selfbooting or not?

I have two different versions. One of them, as far as I can tell, is the original version. Now, I opened this one with a hex editor, as per advice given here, and searched thru it for a line "CD001" which I found, however, there was only one line like that... hrb2k said if it's only got one, then it's not the selfbooting version. I am assuming he's right. This is the one that, if I burn it, I get the blue screen. This happens whether I try to burn it as a selfboot or not.

I have another version which is apparently the lemec/obsidian hack. I say this because it comes with other readme files that the other one does not. Also, if I open this one in a hex editor, I do find TWO entries of "CD001". So I assume this version is the selfboot version. However, no matter how I burn this one, selfboot or nonselfboot, I can't get this one to work at ALL, not even sorta work like the other one does, it always just goes to the DC menu with the dancing controller.

I have tried burning both of these, as selfboot and nonselfboot, using cdrecord, cdrwin, and nero. I have always used the settings recommended in the readme files or walkthrus at dcemulation.com. I have gone thru over 25 cd-r's now, trying all these different methods... and I've been keeping track each cd-r is labeled with what burning method, settings, and burning program I used to burn it, as well as which version of the emu I burned. All this just so I can play genesis games at work....
Old Oct 16, 2003, 07:03 PM

no one else have any ideas here?
Old Oct 18, 2003, 10:06 AM

Does anyone know why my sonic 2 and kunckles rom won't save to the vmu? Sonice 3 saves just fine but the s3 and K rom doesn't. any clue why?

and the settign i gave you is not for the lamec loader. the lamce loader needs to be patched but when youmpatch it right it will buring with any cd buriing program easy.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 02:35 AM

I got the lemec patch and patched the original emu myself, and also found a website that hosts an already-patched version. I tried both, same results.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:26 AM

hmmm that is weird

copy paste all your setting here and i will try to find out what's wrong.

cause if i can get Bleemcast running on my Dreamcast then i know you can get this working. btw bleem is freaking nuts!!!

Megaman X 4 is phat no slow down. full speed