CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 18, 2003, 06:28 PM

Default problem with DVDBackup (v 1.3)

sponsored links

Hi
I've been having an occasional problem with my DVDBackup 1.3 (OS X.whatever). On some discs, often the second disc of a 2-DVD set, I'll get an error while it's scanning the DVD called "Decryption Error: Failed to Decrypt Video Title Set 3" and then it asks me to skip it. I tried skipping it once, but then DVD2oneX doesn't work. I've tried playing the DVD first to get around whatever it is that that gets around, but it just doesn't seem to work. Do I need a different program? Are these lost CDs?

Thanks,
Abe
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:40 AM

Make sure you are choosing the correct file in dvd2onex, it will probably be the longest that you need.
Also try osex:
********download.com.com/3000-2200-10211590.html
If you need more help using osex come back and ask.

Another trick is to copy the dvd to the hard drive and process from there.

I also get the error sometimes with dvdbackup but if I choose to skip it everything it then goes okay. I always assummed that I was skipping the title intro, is that correct? anyone?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 05:03 PM

Hi again,
So I tried using osex this time and it still didn't work. After getting the IMG file (and renaming it DMG (though I tried it as IMG as well)) and double-clicking on it, Disc Copy says that it's unable to open the file. Is there another program I use to mount it? It still needs to be shrunk by DVD2onex... In terms of skipping the file, when DVD2onex gets to those files it says that they are unreadable. I even tried burning the DVD without those files, but I just get a coaster...
Any other advice?
Abe
Old Oct 20, 2003, 03:22 AM

I'm sorry but I've never encountered this before. Is the dvd damaged? If it is scratched you may not be able to decode it.
If it's just fingerprints etc, I usually wash dvd's prior to backup, I use a little liquid soap and then rinse, then dry off with tissue. Make sure it's completely dry and free from dust.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 08:49 AM

Hi
I now have more updates:
So I got the DMG file mounted using Toast. When I tried DVD2oneX on it, though, it crapped out around 5 minutes saying that the IFO and BUP files didn't match (they're the same size when I look at them by hand). Anyway, DVD2OneX suggests moving the file to my harddrive which I did but I still get the same error at the same point...
Any other ideas? I tried doing a piece by piece copy and each individual movie worked, but I don't know what to do with all those pieces (9 of them)...
Abe
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:22 AM

There is a join function in DVD2oneX 1.2.1. It may allow you to join the individual movies? or chapters? together. I've never used it so can't comment. When you process the parts check if it works using DVDPlayer (open Video_ts). This will save on the coasters. If it does not work in DVD player it will probably not work at all.
PS: When you join the parts you may find the total to large. Try reprocessing them again with DVD2oneX.