CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Oct 19, 2003, 05:31 AM

Default Thinking Of Making A New Post Or Topic Click Here

sponsored links

Please Take a read before you even think of posting anything

Forum Rules
These are The Rules until further notice and will be strictly enforced.
Break these rules and you will most likely BE BANNED! Warnings will not always be issued.

The Following Are Absolutely Prohibited:
 The Trading of Commercial PC Applications.
 Links to ANY websites containing: Copied PC applications, Serial's, Warez or Crackz to software applications, commercial or otherwise, and forums of a similar nature to this.
 Requesting or offering via Post, Link or E-mail for Any of the Above.
 Posting of objectionable materials or images.
No **** or anything distasteful allowed including links.
This will result in IMMEDIATE BANNING of the offending member!
 Posting of anyone's personal detail information.

Rules of Conduct
 You are expected to conduct yourself courteously and be respectful in your replies at all times.
 The Harassment of another Member, abusive or obscene language will not be tolerated.
 Keep your posts on topic.
Does your post fit in this Forum? To see a list of Forums, click here to go to the Main Forums Page
Off-topic posts may be deleted without warning.
 Remove any illegal links (illegal material, serials or links to sites containing these) before you post.
 Remove any accidental double post should they occur.
 The Open to All Computer Related Topics Forum is Open discussion for any related topics that do not fit in any of the other specialized forums. Bearing in mind the theme of this board and the word "related" any posts deemed to be off topic will be deleted or locked.
 Please try to provide as much information about any problem you are having when starting a new topic. If you need to be contacted, please post your email addy.
 Logo's
Logo image size is to be no larger then 200 width X 72 height in pixels.
Logo filesize is to be no larger then 45Kbytes.
Each member can only show one logo per topic to reduce the delay on viewing the topic (Moderators are exempt from the logo requirements, due to their Logo's being hosted on the board).
Logo's in your Signature have been disabled and must be placed in the message body.
 Bumping Posts
No Bumping of yours or other people's posts to position it for better visibility on the first page.
Post's are only to be Bumped if your Topic has gone unanswered and has gone off the first page.
 Trading
Warez is banned from all forums on this board.
Commercial Software trading such as PC Applications is NOT PERMITTED. This type of software usually has to be registered to be used or to form part of the licence agreement and is non-tranferable and all trading of these will be classed as WAREZ and this includes new unopened items.
You have a legitimate right to own a backup game providing you also own the original (subject to state & country). Not everyone has the means to make a backup and that is why trading in this is allowed.
Sellers the onus is on you to satisfy yourself that a buyer is in possession of the original at the time of your trade.
Reference and Ripper Posts
Unsubstantiated ripper accusation topics are all too frequent, and will be deleted. There are other websites that will provide these services.

This board will not be held responsible for any legal action taken against any individual by any third party in regards to Software Piracy.
The Following Are Absolutely Prohibited

Links to Any Sites Containing Serial's, Warez or Crack's to Software Applications, Commercial or Otherwise.
This includes Search Engines that are Specifically for Obtaining Serials, i.e. Astala*****.
Also NO Requesting via Link or E-Mail for Any of the Above.
No Serialz, Warez Or Crackz Will Be Tolerated!
And Your Cooperation in this Matter is Required!

The Posting of Objectionable Material or Pictures.
No **** or Anything Distateful Allowed Including Links.
This Will Result in IMMEDIATE LIFETIME BANNING of the Offending Member!

No Spamming!
This means You Can Not Advertise a Site or Service in this Bulletin Boards Help Forum's.
But You Are Permitted to do so in the Buy,Sell,Trade Forum.

This Includes Other Forums in the Nature of the CDROM-Guide.
This is a Help Forum and is NOT here to Help You Get Business or Hits to Your Website!

Those are the Big Three Folks.
And will Provoke Immediate and Harsh Treatment from the Moderators.

Some Clarfication On What is Allowed

The backing up of games you own is your legal right.
Therefore links to sites containing help in doing this, are allowed.
ISO's are a little more tricky, but once again they do allow you the opportunity to legally back up your games without the hassle of copy protection.
As long as these sites do not also contain bootlegged software or cracks and serials for same, no problem.
An example of this is Game Copy World.
Once again use your heads it's not to hard to figure what is over the line.

The posting of your e-mail addy in a post is also fine.
As long as it is NOT an Outright Request for Warez or Serial Numbers or a blatant effort to assist someone in obtaining said illegal appz.

Rules of Conduct

You are expected to conduct yourself courteously and be respectful in your replys at all times.
The Harrasment of another Member is not good form.
Flaming Another Member and Especially a Mod, Will NOT Be Tolerated!
And WILL Be Dealt with Harshly!

Now don't get me wrong here M8's. I like to banter as much as anyone and a little friendly up yours, makes for all that much more fun Just use your heads.

A Few Please's and Thank You's

Please keep your posts on topic. Use the correct Forum for your posts, after all we have 17 forums just for this reason!

For General Chatter Please Use our Chat Room here. ********chat.webmaster.com/chat.htm?...#cdrom_guide_chat
Please, when starting a new topic provide enough info so we have some idea what your question or problem concerns.
A topic entitled simply Help does not provide much info.
And it makes it difficult for us to know whether it's something we can answer.
Not to metion it's really annoying to open such a post to find it's nothing you have a clue about!

Please check any links you are going to post for illegal material, serials or links to sites containing these.

Please try to keep double posts to a minimum and have the courtesy to go back and delete them should they occur.
Please keep any LoGo's used to a reasonable dimension and number of frames.

Please try to be as helpful as you can.
After all that's why we are here.

Please try and have some fun and enjoy yourself!
This is by far the most important rule of all.

A Big Thank You! To all the people who make this the great place it is, you the members.
And for all the new visitors here to the CDROM-Guide,
Welcome to our little home on the Web!
Old Oct 19, 2003, 07:20 AM

Seems we have a new webmaster .

Quote:
[I]Posted by Freemer[/I]

Now don't get me wrong here M8's. I like to banter as much as anyone and a little friendly up yours, makes for all that much more fun Just use your heads.
Up Yours .

HTH .

Last edited by kenp; Oct 19, 2003 at 09:19 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 07:48 AM

Quick Promotion.

Only been with us a month!!

Bimbo
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by kenp [/i]
[B]Seems we have a new webmaster .

Up Yours .

HTH . [/B]
^^^I second that, I've been here for years does this make me the all mighty and powerfull master of cdrom guide?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:22 AM
Veteran

Hmmm... Good Work!

Or should I say a reminder?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 04:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by kenp [/i]
[B]Seems we have a new webmaster .

Up Yours .

HTH . [/B]
^^ Yup