CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 23, 2003, 11:52 AM

Default Total noob in need of help

sponsored links

Hi i`ve just bought an xbox and was wondering how to back up the games i have coz of the kids and the dog who thinks dvd/cd`s are playthings (getting rid of kids and dog is not an option) at the moment ive got a pioneer 105 and nero 6 con anyone tell me of software i`ll need and how to do it ive tried searching but do not understand some of the advice so can you keep it very simple i`m not new to backing up dvd`s but am new to backing up games thanks in advance.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 12:15 PM
Veteran

a) is your xbox modded? if not thats where it ends
b) if it is modded have you managed to set up a connection between your xbox and pc if not follow this guide in the faq's ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94958 - the one by unr3al about networking your xbox to pc

once you have done these 2 things get back on here
Old Oct 23, 2003, 01:13 PM
Veteran

also read through the FAQ's at the top of the page.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 07:03 AM

at the moment my xbox is unchipped but have been told i don`t need a modchip for using backed up games instead by joining the R7D3 and R7R3 pins on the xbox motherboard then flashing the originall bios with evox 2.6 using something called 007 agent under fire then using a evox boot cd then ftp the evox dashboard onto the hd of the xbox i shouldn`t need a mod chip i think i`ve got the above right its just what i`ve been told so not sure how true it is.

As for connecting my xbox to my pc can`t see that being much of a problem(ha ha famous last words) but do i need to connect to the xbox when i want to backup a game or can i use clone dvd/cd to do the job or is there any other software that will do the job.

As i`m totally new to to the xbox modding scene any help that you can offer will be gratefully received:-)
Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:48 AM

The 007 agent under fire thing is actually called a TSOP flash. This will flash the onboard Xbox's bios which will make your xbox function exactly like it has a modchip. Only problem with the method is you CANNOT use live at all.

You should check out the Tutorials page at www.xbox-scene.com as this site has tutorials for everything you need to know and is a great source for newbies (and veterans) :P
Old Oct 24, 2003, 01:47 PM
Veteran

yup the TSOP flash i would say is for very experienced users- or people who are willing to / have the money to run 2 or more xboxes just incase things go wrong

you will need to ftp because a pc drive can't read an xbox disk so you need the xbox drive to "see whats on the disc"- unless you download the games corresponding to your retail games- but don't ask from where

you can do an iso copy of an already backed up game but a pc drive will not read an actual retail xbox game

HTH