CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 24, 2003, 02:56 PM

sponsored links

Thanks for the tips see what you mean about the TSOP flash just went over my head which brings me to my next question what modchip do i need or which is the best to have ?
Old Oct 24, 2003, 03:17 PM
Veteran

well the majority of people who do the modchipping at least in the uk only do the xecuter 2.2 pro and lite chips (as they are backwards compatible with all versions of the xbox that have come out so far, previous chips do not worker on newer versions of the xbox),

the lite chip loaded with an up to date bios will be fine for the moment- the pro chip is more "future proofed" in case m$ get smarter in the future.

There are cheaper modchips outhere but depending on what version your xbox is you may or may not be able to use those.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 03:45 PM

I think the xecuter2.2 pro is the way to go then how hard is it to back up my games is there any really basic guides to doing it? also with a modchip can i run downloaded games so i can try them b4 i buy ?
Old Oct 25, 2003, 03:44 AM
Veteran

well it sounds to me as you just want the xbox chipped and don't want to bother with the hassle of
a) installing it
b) running the risk of flashing the bios etc, (and if it came to future proofing- you would go back to a "professional")

if that is the case then the 2.2 lite should do for you and is quite a bit cheaper than the pro chip.

as for guides there are a fare a few around (some here and some on www.xbox-scene.com but you really need to have the modded xbox, the cross over cable and pc before really doing them.

reading them without the hardware makes no sense really.

and yeah you would be able to run downloaded games