CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 27, 2003, 08:06 AM

Default Pc trouble Help needed

sponsored links

One of my pc's is acting up and it has got me beat

It keeps shuting itself down and most of the time when it restarts there is a message on the monitor telling me to check connections you know like you have switched the monitor on without the pc
Is this a virus
Old Oct 27, 2003, 09:19 AM
Veteran

Sounds like it might be the video card. It might be on its way out.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 09:40 AM

I was thinking that Mr Snatcher but as it was only doing it intermittenltly I connected the tower up to another monitor to eliminate the monitor as the fault and it did switch itself of again is there any other way of checking it
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:29 AM
Veteran

A friend of mine had the same problem, I happened to have another video card to test it, and that was the problem. So I just gave it to him and he hasnt had a problem with it since. If you have an older one laying around try it out. Since your monitor displays that message of checking your connections, your video card is most likely the problem. You might want to check to see if its seated properly. It would usaully beep though.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:07 AM

It seems to be when my daughter is playing one of her games on it ,without warning the game shuts down and you are returned to the desktop

Also what do you mean it would usually bleep though
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:23 AM
Veteran

It only happens when your playing a game? The pc beeps when the video card isnt in the slot all the way.