CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:58 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

This isnt the blaster virus per chance is it? Or has that been eliminated form enquiries?
Old Oct 28, 2003, 01:00 PM

Big Stan that was the question I asked at the begining so it has not been eliminated so tell me more if you can
add me to msn [email]stewarty1@blueyonder.co.uk[/email]
Old Oct 28, 2003, 01:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Harry O [/i]
[B]Power Supply Unit typically costs $25 - $40 USD for 350watt.
[/B]
Yes, you can get those. But those are cheap supplies, and wouldnt recommend getting one. Those are good for work pc's and thats about it.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 01:35 PM

THe pc was running on Xp when problem started it was then restored to windows ME.I have just checked the hard drive for the files associated with the blaster virus and not found any.
It is really tempermental,it freezes quite a lot but the big problem is when my daughter is playing one of her games namely[B] the sims[/B] is when it starts to really act up during the game loading up or just when she starts playing it just dissapears and returns her to the desktop.
This has all come after the problem with the monitor asking me to check connections as if the pc has not been switched on only the monitor if you know what I mean.This was what pointed to the graphics card as It had previously lost the drivers somehow and the wizard informed me that the card has a problem but I changed drivers and it started working again

[B]Hope this clears this up and brings you all up to speed[/B]
Old Oct 28, 2003, 03:11 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Windows has a diagnostic program built in called drwatson.

Start, Run, and type in drwatson. It will run in the background with an icon in your taskbar.

Keep it running until the problem occurs and check the log and with any luck, it might give you more info.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 03:33 PM

Just done it m8 but there is nothing being logged