CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 30, 2003, 07:39 AM

Default Burning a psx game

sponsored links

I have got a psx game, which is on my hard drive in iso format. Does anybody know how i can put this iso onto a cdr so i can play it on my playstation. Do i just create a cd image and burn it. What settings do i need to choose when im going to burn it?

My playstation is not chipped at the moment, what chip would you recommend i get? Is there something i can put into the back of my playstation so that i don't have to have a chip soldered into my playstation?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Goodey; Oct 30, 2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2003, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Burning a psx game

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Goodey [/i]
[B]My playstation is not chipped at the moment, what chip would you recommend i get? Is there something i can put into the back of my playstation so that i don't have to have a chip soldered into my playstation?
[/B]
What model number do you have??

You can get a bootdisc which works with all models, or you could get a modchip that can plug into the serial port of your PSX, depending on what model number you have.

It shoud go something like 'SCPH-7502 or SCPH-9002'
Old Nov 10, 2003, 02:20 PM

I'm new to this, I have a few ps2 games that I would like to do a backup copy and put the orginal away and use the copy ones so I don't mess them up. I see a few post about a mod chip and some other stuff about a bootdisc.

My model number of my unit is SCPH-3001

I tried to back up one with neroburn on my dvd-r but when I tried to play the game it didn't work. what do I need to do

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2003, 09:07 PM

i have a SCPH-7501 (I know, it's old)

but anyway, where can i get me one of them serial mod chips from? it would be great if i could get one from somewhere.

or better yet, a boot disk that i can burn. just tell me if i have the capability of it based on the serial number, i think i may know a site that has the data i need. also, what should i use to make the disks?

i currently have installed: Nero (latest demo), disk juggler (latest demo), and roxio basic. not that i think roxio is worth the silicon it came on, but it serves it's purposes...sometimes....

help me out if you can, that would be great...i can already do dreamcast, so i want to take it up a notch to it's far more popular rival with slightly harder to backup games.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 08:29 PM

knife trick
Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:10 AM

AND THAT WOULD BE????

i am kinda pirate vocabulary challenged here!!!