CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 31, 2003, 05:31 AM

Default removeing partition question winXP

sponsored links

Ok i did some searching and it looks like i need Dos 6.22 Bootdisk to delete the NTFS partition on winXP.
Is this correct??

2nd.Is the only wa y use dos 6.22 on a floppy drive?? any chance i can burn it to disk then run it??

i am tempararily with out a floppy drive and could really use to reformat and wipe the HD. so what do i do??

Any help would be greatlly appreciated
thanks........whome
Old Oct 31, 2003, 06:22 AM
Veteran

Dos 6.22 was written for a floppy - You need a the version of DOS that was made for installation from a CD and your BIOS also needs to be set to be able to boot from CD - There was a OEM version available from MSDN a good while back.

You can make a bootable 6.22 just trying to find a easy and simple guide for you at the mo
Old Oct 31, 2003, 06:38 AM
Veteran

Just thought, have you got the XP Cdrom? If so boot into that and remove the partition using the setup process
Old Oct 31, 2003, 06:53 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by gooner [/i]
[B]Just thought, have you got the XP Cdrom? If so boot into that and remove the partition using the setup process [/B]
yes i have the XP cd.The bios is set to boot from cdrom And have allready tried that. It is NOT removeing the NTSF or what ever its called partiition
and with outa floppy right now i guess i just have to wait tilli get one
Old Oct 31, 2003, 07:10 AM
Veteran

The XP setup CD should allow you to remove the NTFS partitiona nd also create one and format a FAT Partition
Old Oct 31, 2003, 07:25 AM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Hello whome, just when you thought it was safe......lol

When you reboot with the XP CD in place, you should get a menu with I think three choices. Select the first one, "set up Windows XP"

Accept the licence agreement, and the set up menu will have the option of partitioning.

After that, you will need to format in most cases, either NTFS or FAT32, it's up to you.

[url=***********.me.umn.edu/~ap/newpartition.html][b]HERE[/b] is some straight forward advice on the procedure.