CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 04, 2003, 12:17 PM

sponsored links

Bond:

You cannot change this limitation on Win 98. You need to upgrade the OS (W2K or XP) and create large NTFS partition that will allow you to create > 4 gig file.

Good Luck
Old Nov 04, 2003, 08:13 PM
Veteran

You need to get Record Now Max, it wil split up you games to under 4gigs and burn them correctly
Old Nov 04, 2003, 10:28 PM
Veteran

As mentioned you will either need to compress the game to under 4GB or upgrade to Win2k or Xp so that you can have an NTFS system (which removes the 4GB file size limit).
Old Nov 05, 2003, 03:40 AM

i dont know jack about any ps2 stuff since i cant even get dvdr to boot with gs2 on my v3...but there is atleast 1 app out there that can burn isos from 2 different files. I cant remember if it was on linux or win, its been awhile. I do remember that you HAD to have the parts of the iso on the hdd and not on another disc. cant remember its name but should be easy to find since i used it like ~3 years ago, should be very well developed by now...worked then (however i didnt use it for your purpose of 4gig limitation, but it would work the same for that as any other reason)

oh and btw, if nero is doing that to you...then dont use it..sounds clunkity. Try DJ for win or cdrecord (CL) for *nix (or win i guess).

my 4th edit now...born to edit..

do you have to patch these 4gig+ images???

if not its this easy

1. Download parition magic, and slice off some free space like 6gig.
2. Now download a linux boot disk that can format EXT3 and throw like
cdrecord or any command line tool that can burn dvd images (there are many).

3. Boot the disk, format the new parition with EXT3, and copy/burn the image.

This might not seem simple to you...but if you try it, you will find out its in all honesty atleast 50x times easier than you think...REAL easy.

btw you can access fat32 from linux, so you could copy whatever on your current win98 system.
im looking for a possible solution for you still right now...

Last edited by neverMindNames; Nov 05, 2003 at 04:06 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2003, 10:19 AM

thank ever so much guys/gals. really appreciated
Old Nov 05, 2003, 06:29 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by RMC-Luke [/i]
[B]Windows 98 won't support any files over 4 GB, however, if you use Stomp RecordNow Max, you can just use the copy option. Not sure how that one works, but it copies fine. That's what I did, since I have Win 98 SE. I tried Nero at first, but remembered about the limitation, so I figured I'd give Stomp a try, since I remembered it had an option to split an image into more than one file. Unfortunately, using that option freezes my program, but the regular copy worked alright as well. [/B]
Is the Sonic RecordNow the same as Stomp RecordNow??