CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 08, 2003, 12:10 PM

Question Need Help regarding creating backup games and loading problems!

sponsored links

I am a new at this so I would like to say sorry ahead of time for any mistake. My ps2 is a Scph-39001 and I have a magic 3.1 chip inside. My first problem is that my ps2 doesnít load games (original or backup) successfully every time. The success loading ratio is like 1 out of 3 try. It does this even to my original so I really donít know what wrong? Is this normal?
My other problem is that I am having is creating working backup of my ps2 games. I have an optorite d0203 and I use verbatim dvd+r. I tried Nero 6.0, but my games freezes so I was recommended to try stomp record now max v4.5. I usually create an image, and then I record. The software goes through the whole process and state that the backup has been successfully created but the backup is so hard to load. Had to reset 15 times before it loaded. I must be doing something wrong, this canít be normal! But the problem is not consistent because not every backup copy is like this. Using the same recording steps, some are actually ok and working. Can anyone tell me what wrong? Is it my dvd burner, software, media, or just a bad modded ps2? What software and DVD burner are recommended? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
One last thing, I am thinking about trying with a different DVD burner. Is the NEC 1300a any good at backing up ps2 games? Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2003, 08:30 AM
Veteran

Try cleaning your laser and some good dvd-r media and see if that makes a difference.
It coud be the mod job also

If you can take the cover off of the ps2 and borrow some swap magic disks you can conduct some tests

1. Disable the chip and try to boot a dvd-r backup and see what happens
a if it boots then its the install
b. if it doesnt boot then its the laser or the media
(if you used good quality dvd-r media like verbatim or ritek and it still doesnt boot then its probably the laser)
Old Nov 10, 2003, 10:08 AM
Veteran

EA games are slow to load for me.

Anyway, put the game in, turn off the ps2 & turn it on.

I don't know about dirt, but I clean my disks before putting them in the machine.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 11:47 AM
Veteran

try a cd lens cleaner disk or a q-tip with alchol to clean the laser