CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2003, 05:31 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Depends how well the newer versions of the DMS3 works, The one i got when they were 1st released was total bo**ocks wouldnt boot half my games so i returned the same console to the installer who fitted the chip and he replaced it with a messiah2 and when i had it returned it played all the games, Same console same media so i'll leave it up to you to guess what the problem was, They may be better now but i wanted something that worked at the time upgradable bios or not i wasn't waiting about on an update. And as for new protections there will be software that will bypass that i wouldnt even take that into account when deciding what chip to purchase.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 02:08 AM
Veteran

Which version DMS3 chip did you have?
Old Nov 14, 2003, 09:06 PM
Veteran

Dont know jester m8 i never fitted it myself i bought it premodded around 2 weeks after they first came out, And when it wouldnt play most of my backups i complained to the installer to which i returned the console and he removed the dms3 and fitted a messiah2, When i got the console back everything booted first time every time, And it wasn't a media issue as the discs were all burnt on quality media like apples & verbs and they all still played on my old messiah 1 console which the dms3 was meant to replace, It wasn't just a booting issue some would play flawlessly but after about half an hour they would just freeze, As i stated earlier they may be better now or maybe i just had a bad chip but wether their bios upgradale or not its not very handy if you need a bios upgrade and have to wait till ones released to fix your problem, I dont think they offer any advantages whatsoever over the messiah chip and cant even be compaired to an xbox and if your like me you'll want your console for playing games and the messiah2 does that pretty well. my opinion is solely based on my bad experience with the chip they may be great now but when you try something and it dosen't work for you you tend to stay well away, And as for protections, software will fix these if and when they come about.

Last edited by geobon; Nov 14, 2003 at 09:08 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 09:52 PM
Veteran

Okay then it probably isn't the V2.0 that is currently out. As with any product it isn't wise to jump right into it until it has been out a while (a chance to work out the bugs). I'm currently in the process of getting a DMS3 chipped PS2 so I will let everyone know how it turns out.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 07:14 AM
Veteran

WELL i had my m2 taken out and a dms3 put in its place , and cant faulty it ,

macro off
multi region
upgradable
green tint off
put hombrew progs on ure memory card
quick boot function

what more do u want
Old Nov 16, 2003, 09:58 AM
Veteran

As stated earlier mine was one of the 1st chips, and the new matrix mxl does all that appart from being bios upgradebale and their under 25 and only 18 wires, Exellent reviews so far.