CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 16, 2003, 07:39 AM

sponsored links

Everything went well !!
no major mistakes at all.
I was still nervous as hell though !!
kept looking up at the screens to make sure the words had not disappeared !!!!.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 08:09 PM

Haha.. good job...... I was nervous at first with the pc gigs but now its a piece of cake. Its like second nature now.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 10:01 AM

I have been thinking about PC Karaoke & Disco for sometime now, can anyone recommend a good setup ie processor / sound card / graphics card etc etc..

Davem1919
Old Nov 17, 2003, 04:29 PM

any modern pc is good enough. eg athlon or p4 2 gig.
a soundblaster live card for less than 30 quid is excellent.
I recommend any nVidia card with a tv out, such as geforce 2,3 or 4 or fx5200.
The reason is that there is some excellent free software on nvidia.com, specifically for managing desktops.
e.g I have winamp to play the mp3/cdg and I have set it so that the words come up on the t.vs, and the 'computery' stuff stays on my monitor.
it works very well, (well it did on saturday anyway!! he he he), and contrary to what I had heard in the past, you do NOT need an expensive 'dual head' graphics card.
oh....I still have a border around my words, and cannot set it to full screen for some reason, so any help on this would be appreciated.
good luck djdavem.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 04:34 PM

oh..... p.s
I was using normal cd players for the inbetween bits, but I am very tempted by this pcdj program.
could anybody respond as to whether it is possible to jump between karaoke and music or track to track as easy as it is with a 'real' mixer desk with faders.
The reason I ask is that everything normally seems really fiddly to me with other programs I have used.
eg just fading from one track to another is a real pain, and as for fading from a media player song to a winamp karaoke track......forget it !! I haven't got three hands.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 08:14 PM
Veteran

I believe there are compatibility issues with PCDJ and some makes of laptop, I might be mistaken. Could anyone post a sticky with regards to this, playing cdg on laptop and outputting to TV display. Is it possible to have dual display, i.e. on laptop screen and tv output? Any help would be appreciated.