CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 19, 2003, 06:44 AM

sponsored links

the software is called forceware 52.16, it's under drivers.
also get the desktop manager user guide, it is called nView 3.0 .
Can't remember which page it's on but it's there somewhere.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 08:07 AM
Veteran

Nview I found under search along with the managers guide. Reading them l8er tonight, thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 10:20 AM

Default Sound, video, etc.

Here's what I found. On board sound sucks. Cheap sound cards are also a problem. I was getting buzzing noises over sound system with on board sound. Installed a Turtle Beach card and cleaned it up. Quality equalizer with card lets me taylor sound to venue.

Video is an issue if you want to do more than just Karaoke. True you don't need much to do just karaoke. But, I run DVD's VCD's MPEGs, etc. This takes some on board ram and good video card. What's the point of running from PC if you don't use the whole gambit of Multi-Media available. You can put on one hell of a professional quality show, when your TV's come up with full motion music videos during breaks, etc.

As far as getting the video to the tv's, I use an AverMedia digital to ****og converter, rather than a dual port or TV out video card. I find that it is more versatile, and has better adjustments. It has zoom, so I run the karaoke screen a the smallest size in the top left corner of my desktop. Zoom the picture to that spot, and you can run your show from the rest of the screen. I hold my karaoke, music, and video folders open together, and click on what I want.

I also sized my screen saver to the same size window in the upper left corner. Once the song completes, there is a slide show running underneath, that tells of upcoming events, encourages the singers, runs the rules, or what ever you want. I change it out to something different every night.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 10:44 AM

nice one !
just when I thought I knew it all......
better get some video stuff knocked together he he he.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 04:14 AM

Default MP3 player

Go for Alcatech's BPM Studio for your MP3 player. Very stable, professional & easy to use. Can get on Kazza or similar to try out.

Any chance of more info on the AverMedia Converter please m8.

Last edited by Malky; Nov 20, 2003 at 04:20 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 05:41 AM
Veteran

40 in Maplins for one type, just go to their site and type Avermedia in the search box, looks good to me. You could also try www.aver.com, you just seem to plug your monitor into one end and choose what ouput type you want.

Last edited by oxocubeman; Nov 20, 2003 at 05:45 AM.