CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 12, 2003, 02:23 PM

Default Any experts here on MS Word? I cannot cut/copy & paste unless word is open

I'm having a problem cutting/copying and pasting with word. If I see something on the web (like a weblink) and use ctrl "c" and then open a word document to paste it, it will not paste; however, if I have the word document open while I copy it, it will paste fine. It also happens when I have a word document open and I cut a paragraph and close the document and open a blank document to paste, it won't paste it. In fact, I lose it all together. It will paste in MS note pad, but not if I opened a blank word document. I copy and paste a lot and it's starting to get annoying.

First I thought it was word 2002 which came preinstalled with my system, so I uninstalled it and loaded my office 2000 on my computer. Office 2000 is doing the same thing. I think it may be my Dell computer some setting or something, but I can't figure it out. I defaulted to the word settings and it's still doing it. I posted this last year w/ no real solution and figured I'd try one more time. Any help is more than appreciated. Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2003, 04:21 PM

Does anything stay on your paste board for use later.
Try cutting a picture from the Web and see if it will open with a Art program, to see if its a problems with all cut items.

Cheers
Old Nov 12, 2003, 09:36 PM

I would have to copy from the web, which it lets me do. But as soon as I open the word document to paste it, it's gone? But if I paste it in note pad or somwhere else (other than a word document) it will let me paste it. Thanks
Closed Thread