CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:06 PM
Veteran

Exclamation Serious Help Needed

sponsored links

I turn on my xbox today and it wouldnt start first I thought my video cables were not in correctly. Only the xbox intro could be heard. But after trying numerous times I realized that the lights were flashing Red and Green. So before I made a topic I did some reading on what that meant. I dont believe I have a bad chip or a bad solder point because I was able to ftp information back and forth from the computer to the xbox. When I opened it up I saw my chip was properly aligned and the only thing I noticed was the power supply looked melted. I have a 7200 120gig hard drive do you think that over heated my xbox power supply.

I dont know what the real problem is here. I dont know how the chip could move my xbox doesnt move at all. Help i have an executer 2.2 lite.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:26 PM
Veteran

are you sure it red & green and not orange & green? if you can hear music and FTP etc but not getting any Picture then its your A/V cable maybe damaged. run a backup game and see if you can hear the sounds from that game.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:27 PM
Veteran

ok let me try
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:39 PM
Veteran

No im sure its red and green and i can hear the xbox intro and then the screen flickers but i never see anything on the screen. And i tried a copied game just now and i dont hear anything. But with the chip enabled the led doesnt flash red and green only then the chip is off.

Yes i can still ftp info i dont get it why would it just stop working.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:42 PM
Veteran

can you run originals with the chip OFF or unpluged(pogo pins) ?
Old Nov 12, 2003, 10:47 PM
Veteran

No i cant run anything i really dont know whats wrong now. Im very very frustrated. Thanks redwolf for helping me out.