CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2003, 06:29 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

-it can't be the power supply, cos its booting up the xbox with power.
-it can't be the bios, cos you can hear the sounds
-it can't be the HD, cos you are loading the evox and FTP

hmmm.... this is dificult to solve.

what type of A/V cable your using?
you probably did, but i say just to make sure, did you try out your friends A/V cable?

Last edited by redwolf; Nov 13, 2003 at 06:32 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:07 PM
Veteran

I havent tried anyones av cables. But why not flash orange and green instead of red and green. I took pictues of what the power supply area looks like. I dont know how to show pictures on this can I e-mail them to any one let me know if its ok. Once you see these pics you be the judge.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 07:57 PM
Veteran

[URL=***********.picturehost.co.uk/upload/agree*/]go here upload then send the link. ie. [img*]picture link[/img] without the star.

Last edited by redwolf; Nov 13, 2003 at 10:30 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 08:10 PM
Veteran

[img]********free.one.picturehost.co.uk/P1010001.JPG[/img]
[img]********free.one.picturehost.co.uk/Picture%20008.jpg[/img]
[img]********free.one.picturehost.co.uk/Picture%20010.jpg[/img]

See the white stuff on the power supply think that might be whats causing this. Ok so a recap I can ftp from evox I dont get flashing red and green when chip enabled I just cant see anything. I put audio cd from evox it tried to play it with xbox cd player and then red green flashing lights samething with games and dvds. I can hear the xbox intro and then after that is then the red and green lights come on but the whole time there is no video.

Last edited by Encript; Nov 13, 2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 09:13 PM
Veteran

the white stuff is fine. it is used as an insulator between the components of the power supply. the 'goop' changes color and texture through the xbox versions. but i can guarantee you 110% that has nothing to do with your problem.
my guess, check the video encoder chip. (conexant) right between the gpu and the port for your av cables. how's it look? if it looks fine, check the trace right next to the d0 for your chip. how's it look? this track to the very left of d0 is known for causing video problems if damaged. could happen from overheating as well. so it could be an internal issue.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 09:47 PM
Veteran

[img]********free.one.picturehost.co.uk/P1010006.JPG[/img]
[img]********free.one.picturehost.co.uk/P1010007.JPG[/img]
[img]********free.one.picturehost.co.uk/P1010005.JPG[/img]

My camera sucks I cant get close with out the flash messing up the picture. So I dont know how close I need to get but everything looks fine. The only thing is the chip and i dont want to touch that I didnt put it in so i dont want to move and wires that were soldered.