CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:15 AM

Post Need to make some copies of copies for dreamcast.

sponsored links

My friend has copied dreamcast games, what he did was record onto a CD-R in two or even three different sessions, the first was usually audio stuff, the second track was usually the game itself.

How can you do this using roxio? if at all. do i need something different like nero or 120% alchohol or what?

i do not know how he did it, and he will not tell, he will also not tell where he got the EXACT ripped files from off the net either.

he has to protect his investment, he want to sell them to be for $5.00 a disk, i feel ones and zeros should be free.

he let me take home his copy collection thinking i will never figure out how to burn this stuff and make copies, i returned all his games but hydro thunder.

please help me find a way to do this.
My AIM screen name is chalenkof, message me if you want to help out of just post here.

i am abjectly poor right now, so please help me.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 01:01 PM
Veteran

the FAQ's has all the info you need for burning. did you read it?

Also, he's not much of a friend if he is going to "charge you" for things you can get for free. Friends usually help each other out.

Read the tutorials in the FAQ's, you'll find the Disc juggler is the best for burning copies. (BTW Roxio cannot do DC games).

Just put the disc in, choose disc to image in DJ, when its done, do image to disc, leave all settings default, and burn away. Tell him to take the $5 per game, and screw!
Old Nov 13, 2003, 01:13 PM

i think this forum is my new best friend!!! in EVERY other forum i always ask the same questions about burning games and priacey ETC, and always get the same message of:

"Piss off N00B!!! we will never tell you becase we are all @$$holes who say we can do all this stuff, but never tell anyone, besides it's against the forum rules."

damn i hate that....

say, can you buy disk juggler at office depot? i may be going there tonight to return a defective wirless router i got.

109.00 down the drain on that damn thing....*starts hitting self*
Old Nov 14, 2003, 05:21 AM
Veteran

no i dont think so, but if you go to www.padus.com u can get a demo of it. It will only write at 1x but its a start for you. If you like it then u can buy it from them as well.

As far as anything beign againstthe rules, you are not allowed to request games, or where to find games. but allthe info is out there you just need to search a bit.
Old Nov 15, 2003, 03:48 PM

I use Alcohol 120% to make & burn all my DC backups....

It will also burn images made with Discjuggler 4 & the older Dj 3.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 02:31 PM

I was gonna ask a similar question in that is the procedure the same when backing up a back up disc? Do u need isobuster still? When i opened the back up disc there was over 2000 files in it and nero didnt want to recognise them collectively as an image, ive still not made a working copy yet even after following instructions on posts.Its fun to be a nooby nooby noo. I will persevere though.