CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 14, 2003, 11:40 PM

Question TruSilver blank CDs and Audio CDs?

sponsored links

I've recently started burning more CDs - both on my pc and my audio system, so I bought some TruSilver CD-Rs and TruSilver Audio CD-Rs (from blankcdmedia.com) in bulk - and had a funny experience.

After burning an Audio CD-R, I put a clear Memorex label on it. After labeling, I noticed a small piece of dirt under the label, so I attempted to lift the label off. Not only did the label lift, the silver recordable surface lifted right off the CD, leaving only the clear plastic disc!!

Now admittedly, I've never tried lifting a label off a CD before, so I'm not sure if the same thing would happen with a branded disc or not - but this now has me thinking "Are these TruSilver unbranded CD's any good, or are they junk?"

Has anyone had any experience with these, pro or con, that they could share with me?

Thanks. . . .Stu
Closed Thread