CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 11, 2002, 02:38 PM

Default Bootable CD. Help Please [; ; winXP]

sponsored links

I have made an image of my C drive with Ghost, and have stored the image on the the D drive ( a logical drive on an extended partition on the same hard drive ) The image is broken down into small files of approx 640meg for burning to CD. For reinstallation purposes, I want to make the first CD bootable. Mt PC supports this option if the necessary adjustment is made in the BIOS. I have tried to use the facility in ghost, but it will not work and I cannot tell you anymore than this fact.

However, what I want to do is to make this cd bootable by adding generic cd rom drivers to the cd at the time of burning the first ghost image to cd. I will also need to add ghostpe.exe, as this is the prog required to initiate a reinstall. So, my question is how do I make a bootable cd? I do not understand complecated replies, as I am not educated in the finer details of this sort, but I would appreciate some guidance here please.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 03:01 PM
Veteran

Well the simple solution is to just use a Ghost Boot Floppy with CDROM support. You then just browse to the Image on the CD for restore. But you will find some good tutorials on this subject linked here
***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6834