CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 20, 2003, 04:55 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

As people keep saying there is virtually no difference between the 2 O/S? [url=***********.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/choosing2.asp]HERE you can find a list of what the difference is between XP Home & XP Pro.

As you can see there are 11 features that are in XP Pro that are not in XP Home.

Regards
Old Nov 20, 2003, 09:17 AM
Veteran

I made the statement that there is virtually no difference.

I will restate that "Under The Hood" there is virtually no difference between the 2 versions. I've run both versions for years and see no difference in stability that would be related to these differences.

maseline_98 believes that these 11 additional features make XP Pro more stable than XP Home. If you have something that supports maseline_98's position then lets hear it as I'd be interested in knowing. Cheers.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 08:02 AM

I wont do less then 1gb of ram with xp since once you run a bunch of IE's or programs, you simply need the extra ram.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:30 AM
Veteran

Your experience is vastly different than mine. I've run XP Pro on 256 MB SDRAM for a long time. Granted if you are running graphics programs or sound editing you need lots of RAM but the average user will do nicely with 256 - 512 RAM.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 06:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Harry O [/i]
[B]I made the statement that there is virtually no difference.

I will restate that "Under The Hood" there is virtually no difference between the 2 versions. I've run both versions for years and see no difference in stability that would be related to these differences.

maseline_98 believes that these 11 additional features make XP Pro more stable than XP Home. If you have something that supports maseline_98's position then lets hear it as I'd be interested in knowing. Cheers. [/B]
I was agreeing with you, and i was just stating what the differences are. for the people that keep on asking the same question time after time.

Regards
Old Nov 21, 2003, 08:47 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by jspr57 [/i]
[B]I was agreeing with you, and i was just stating what the differences are. for the people that keep on asking the same question time after time.

Regards [/B]
Right you are. Cheers M8