CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 18, 2003, 02:55 AM

sponsored links

you there?? you read above in my last post?
Old Nov 18, 2003, 03:00 AM

yes i did. i just thought of something. i have an unmodded ver7 ps2. could i get away with just taking the lid off of it and using my sm 2.0 cd to load cogswap then unto my memory card, close it all back up. use the memory card in my ver9 ps2. is it worth it?

can it be done?

also, i just realized that i have cogswap downloaded already in bin and cue format. all i have to do is burn the bin and cue?

Last edited by kimberlee; Nov 18, 2003 at 03:02 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 03:04 AM

o god, hell yes. you download that cogswap.zip yet?? yeh, just read the _README.txt and your all set. Actually just add your game id to the _titles.txt, run _RUNTHIS.BAT, then in cdgenPS2 import the LBA_List.txt

create image, burn, boot. after install put in your orginal ps1...yadayadyad.

get back and let us know if it worked on your v9, im interested to know if it does. Mostly it should NOT work. I dont think it will. But if you get to the cogswaploader screen, and try to boot a dvdr, and it boots, your good to go...but i dont think it will work honestly.

btw, i wouldnt close it up until you know you got it installed. You can just put the lid back on the cdrom correctly and it works fine..trust me on that :-).

to be honest. 1 of 3 things could happen

1. it could boot cogswaploader and work just fine
2. it could boot cogswaploader and not boot anything else
3. it just wont boot cogswaploader

im going with #2.

Last edited by neverMindNames; Nov 18, 2003 at 03:10 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 03:13 AM

o zhit no, you cant use that .bin/.cue..you HAVE to add your game id to the TITLE.DB. i have no clue what the bin/cue is all about...not a single clue. It's even got the source files mixed in.

you REALLY need to read my 1st and 2nd post!!! good luck.

ps. remember, that the TITLE.DB and BOOT.ELF will be stored on your memory card. So you can just take your orginal ps1 game and memory card whever you go and boot cogswaploader.

Last edited by neverMindNames; Nov 18, 2003 at 03:15 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 03:16 AM

ok one last favor before i go start to tear my ps2 apart. i must be crazy.
(sick of me yet?) thanks to you i figured how to recover slus files. if i give you one (im assuming you can only use one ps1 title to boot with) will you please put it in a pretty package and e-mail it to me. I will owe you greatly.
i promise ill never bother you again(in regards to this subject matter, ill probably always bother you now!lol) i know im a pain in the ***. heres 3 different ps1 games you can use whichever. (SCUS_942.88 A Bugs Life),
(SLUS_008.57Ready to Rumble), (SCUS_941.94 Gran Turismo) Well if you decide to waste more time on me, gran turismo would probably work the best, so use that i guess. ok ill wait for reply and give you my email if you wish to help. thanks sweetie.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 03:21 AM

ok ill give it a shot. i just want to say thank you so so much for all of your help and time. i really really appreciate it. you are a big sweetheart. thanks again nevermindnames. xoxoxo