CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 18, 2003, 02:47 PM

sponsored links

i agree, sometimes threads do get out of hand, and this is one of those times :-). yeh i would like to see atleast a entire page deleted.

however, if she ever gets back it was worth it because i dont know if the ps1drv works on v9 yet??

anybody know if it does?? she said gs2/ar2 and all that dont work on v9, this could very well mean ps1drv dont either.

she posted it worked, but she didnt say it worked on v9 and if it boot dvdr. i know she had a v7, and i dont know if she meant it worked on that or what.

Kim if you read this post some details, i just want to know if it works like normal on a v9. tell us what you did to get it to work on your v9

Last edited by neverMindNames; Nov 18, 2003 at 02:51 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 02:58 PM

Hey man i loaded up that cogswaploader and it works but it takes forever to load a game.. do u think it could be due to my psx toc game being too small? Also what does this mcloader do?
Old Nov 18, 2003, 03:02 PM

hmm, i dont know what you mean by forever, but if it takes longer than like 30-45 seconds something is wrong. could very well be that your TOC is too small like you said.

mcloader is part of the ps2reality media kit. search on google. Its the loader to load the media player, naplink, nport, etc... you dont neeed it unless you dev. ps2 stuff or plan on trying alot of different things from the memory card.

you know you got the mediaplayer when it comes with a mcloader.txt and has something like this in it.

{}
<ps2media.rar>
<unrar.irx>
<copy.cnf>
{OGG}
<ogg.rar>
<letter.chr>
<idioma.txt>
*<copy2.cnf>
{}
{NAPLINK}
<naplink.rar>
*<copy3.cnf>
{}
{NPORT}
<nport.rar>
*<copy4.cnf>
{}

i dont know why i just mentioned that, it should be obvious if you got it or not :-). the orginal mcloader.txt wont have naplink and nport in it, i put those in there myself. For further info on how to use mcloader download mcloader and read the readme.doc.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:41 AM

well, nevemind. i figured it out. sorry bout that.

Last edited by seantree; Jan 14, 2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 11:20 PM

i have questions.....can the PS2 media player exploit and the cogswaploader be saved in the mc together???
and the second question, is there a newer version of cogswaploader 1.0????

how can you choose between the media player and the cogswaploader when starting ps2????
Old Feb 21, 2004, 01:21 PM

This is what your mcupload.txt should look like...make sure all files are present

mcupload.txt looks like below...
Code:
{}
<mcloader.elf>
<TITLE.DB>
<BOOT.ELF>  (note this BOOT.ELF is CSL)
<ps2media.rar>
<copy.cnf>
the copy.cnf should look like the below...
Code:
TITLE PS2Reality MediaPlayer v1.50
RUN ps2media.rar

anymore help than that...and your being lazy.

goto www.ps2savetools.com and download mcloader 1.10 and read the instructions for further details.

press SQUARE from CSL screen boots mcloader...with that you can obviously boot ps2media player

oh and ive never seen a newer version of CSL