CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:20 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Since all the points serve the same purpose on each version of the motherboard you can map it out

Also all the magic 3.1 and messiah 2 CD\DVD controller points are the same
Except the magic 3.1 doesn't use points E and F

[B] So for a messiah 2 install on a version 4 using DMS3 diagrams for CD\DVD controller points[/B]

From a version 7 diagram
There are 9 CD\DVD controller points A-I

Messiah 2 point A=DMS3 point O
Messiah 2 point B=DMS3 point P
Messiah 2 point C=DMS3 point Q
Messiah 2 point D=DMS3 point R
Messiah 2 point E=DMS3 point S
Messiah 2 point F=DMS3 point T
Messiah 2 point G=DMS3 point U
Messiah 2 point H=DMS3 point V
Messiah 2 point I=DMS3 point W

Version 7 points
***********.messiah2.com/Messiah2_v7_v8_Install_1.3_.pdf
***********.dms3.com/diagrams/dms3_v7_v8_diagrams.htm

Version 4 points
***********.dms3.com/diagrams/dms3_v4_diagrams.htm
These point go on the back so solder Messiah 2 points D,E,F, & G on backside

All the front cd\dvd controller points are the same as magic 3.1 and DMS3 points
***********.the-console-corner.com/magic3v4nogap.jpg
***********.dms3.com/diagrams/dms3_v4_diagrams.htm
Messiah 2 points H, & I

Verified by
***********.the-console-corner.com/magic3v7.jpg
***********.messiah2.com/Messiah2_v7_v8_Install_1.3_.pdf
***********.dms3.com/diagrams/dms3_v7_v8_diagrams.htm

Solder all other points as per messiah 2 diagram A,B,& C are easy there are the remaing 3 cd\dvd controller points

I have done this install so I know it works

Finally I typed it in right
Hope that helps

Last edited by ps2daddy; Nov 19, 2003 at 05:15 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 04:26 PM

ok im confused yet again. the 8 points on the cdvd controller, like spag says you can solder all 8 of them ont eh 8 vias on the back like the dms3 diagram??

im confused because you (ps2daddy) say only 2 points D and G for the messiah. does this mean the other 6 points still have to connect to the tight cdvd controller on the front?

btw spag, everytime i try to email you it comes back with a failure...you got some kind of filters on?
Old Nov 18, 2003, 04:43 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by neverMindNames [/i]
[B]ok im confused yet again. the 8 points on the cdvd controller, like spag says you can solder all 8 of them ont eh 8 vias on the back like the dms3 diagram??

im confused because you (ps2daddy) say only 2 points D and G for the messiah. does this mean the other 6 points still have to connect to the tight cdvd controller on the front?

btw spag, everytime i try to email you it comes back with a failure...you got some kind of filters on? [/B]

Sorry, I made a boo boo!!
I forgot to point out points E,F and a few other things
I reedited my post above.

For the rest of the CD\DVD controller points use the magic 3.1 points they are exactly the same as the messiah 2

***********.the-console-corner.com/magic3v4nogap.jpg
Messiah 2 points H, & I (I also use these points for my last DMS3 version 4 install also)

Also

Messiah point A=DMS3 point O
Messiah point B=DMS3 point P
Messiah point C=DMS3 point Q

Also you might want to use a glue gun on the wires to keep them in place after you solder them I used the glue about 2 cm away from the solder points to keep them in place. The vias points can come off real easy.

Tips from a previous DMS3 version 4 install (you might find them helpful)

I used the vias on DMS3 version 4 alternative installation 3 Bottom side for R,S,T & U I filled the vias with solder before I attached my pretinned wires. (I also put flux on the point before I tried attaching the wires. After I soldered the wires and gave a slight tug to make sure that they were at least connected I followed up with hot glue about 2cm from the points. I also made sure that the wires were flat and tight and separated from each other before I use the hot glue.)

Last edited by ps2daddy; Nov 18, 2003 at 05:36 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 04:42 AM

I have in fact fixed a similar problem, I forgot to glue the wires down on my first install and pulled one a little to hard while putting everything back together, end result the entire leg broke from the chip.
Basicly I took a little time a 15w iron and two single strands of copper wire that I tinned and carefully soldered on wire to the pad, then (the hard part) roughed up the side of the chip untill I could see the "pin head" of where the leg originaly connected, tinned that as best I could and soldered the other wire to that (you CANNOT get a good connection, as long as it sticks there that all you can hope for, and don't tug it!) then carefully bent both strands to the top of the chip, soldered them together and glued them down-problem solved.

In case your wondering why two seperate strands, you'll end up pulling the end off while soldering the other end on.
Old Dec 03, 2003, 10:11 PM

Also, if anyone else has the same problems on a version 3, my dad broke a leg, and managed to fix it by finding the end of the trace that led to it, then soldering a wire onto that. Just an idea for a last hope .
Old Dec 04, 2003, 02:36 AM

right, that can work, but the damn chip itself is sooo small. also one of the legs is COMPLETELY gone, like you cant see any part of it on the board or chip...did he fix this kind?? you dad use the forum :-)