CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 18, 2004, 08:04 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
those were the days, lol I never did find out what was in that damn file. tricky lil bugger.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but was anybody able to unpack/properly access any of the following files from NFL2k2?

audio.dat
chat.dat
players.dat
faces.dat
logos.dat

Well at least now I know, I'm not the only one trying to solve the puzzle.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 07:20 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfather
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but was anybody able to unpack/properly access any of the following files from NFL2k2?

audio.dat
chat.dat
players.dat
faces.dat
logos.dat

Well at least now I know, I'm not the only one trying to solve the puzzle.

never got that puzzle solved... farthest i got was getting some of the music out... but wouldn't play in any media player that i know of. they dats are not actually dats from what i can tell, because no dat file viewer will recognize the file type. visula concepts uses some sort of full motion stream (if that makes anysense) noticed that they're games are consistently accessing the cd so I beleive that everything is done "on the fly" other then ambient music loaded into memory. just my theory.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:02 PM

TreFacTor wrote:
>farthest i got was getting some of the music out

Hey..that was some real progress, I've been unable to extract anything from audio.dat yet, I even e-mailed the person who wrote the AFS->ADX unpacker, to see If he had some advice, but I haven't heard from him, could you please share a bit on how you got some of the music out?