CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 21, 2003, 06:21 PM
Veteran

Angry How do you find ALL spyware on your PC?

sponsored links

I'm still none the wiser as to how you remove ALL of it - not just the little bits ad-aware comes across

there must be some where on my 'c' drive where it secretly lurks but i cant find it!

And its also probably on your pc tho you dont know it !

NB- there is a test from which you can find out if you've got it, but the mod darkman wont allow for it to be posted here ive learnt.

- in any case i'd be grateful for advice of where to search on my hd, an if i find i'll tell all 104,000 members where to look as well

yours faithfully
Old Nov 21, 2003, 06:57 PM
suspended

Best method I've found is :-

a) Ditch AdAware.

b) Install Spybot S&D

c) Install Spyware Blaster. (Blocks software/cookies from ever getting on your system in the first place)

d) Run a good A/V and Trojan protector, scan HD's on a weekly basis.

Works for me.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 07:36 PM
Veteran

Hi Lazza

Why ditch adaware, would it not be better to run abc&d in the hope that if one missed it the other would find it?

BTW VLC, I doubt you will find it by searching your HD.........

If you take a look at my posts in this thread ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259337&perpage=12&pagen umber=2 particularly the last post it may prevent adaware from phoning home.

Last edited by Demo; Nov 21, 2003 at 07:48 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 01:14 AM
suspended

I run Adaware, not to mention Spybot Search & Destroy, and Spywareblaster with NAV and The Cleaner. I know that there has been insistances with conflicting flies, but I've never had a problem.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 02:21 AM
Veteran

hi i normal boot the machine up in safe mode
where it can not run on the system or hide
then do a full scan

spyware blaster is ok had problem where it was blocking my email when using a spam controller

so not that good
Old Nov 22, 2003, 05:36 AM
suspended

@ Demo

The reason why I said ditch AdAware is this m8:- Ever since I installed SpyBot many moons ago I have had this scenario.

1) I used to scan my HD with SpyBot several times a week.

2) I would then scan with AdAware afterwards.

3) AdAware would never find anything that SpyBot did not, if I reversed it and ran AdAware first then SpyBot would almost always find something genuine (cookie wise etc) that AdAware missed.

So JM2C on what I've personally found really, if anyone prefers AdAware then carry on using it. I always set SpyBot up in options to d/l ALL Beta definitions updates too which is much better and I've not yet had a problem with any of the Beta files.