CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 03, 2003, 07:12 PM
Banned

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by VLC [/i]
[B]ps- searching the hardisk manualy is what i'm left resorting to as the spyware progs cant find it for me. [/B]
Maybe you got a MBR virus, I had one of those. Pretty nasty little things that imbed themselves in your MBR.
Old Dec 03, 2003, 08:33 PM
Veteran

I use a prog called pest patrol which seems very thorough. I got it free when I bought zone alarm pro. I can't say it's the best cos I have nothing to compare it with but for everything it finds it directs you to a web page with info on the suspect file.
Old Dec 04, 2003, 11:57 PM
Veteran

Also snag cwshredder (google it)

Helped me out a few times, when adaware or spybot didnt cut it. It's small and fast.
Old Dec 08, 2003, 10:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by pepsik [/i]
[B]Maybe you got a MBR virus, I had one of those. Pretty nasty little things that imbed themselves in your MBR. [/B]
Well if it was i got a prog called fixdisk which copies over a new mbr onto an old bad one.!

ANY WAY......

I found what the real prob was, an its not spyware or a virus.!!!!

It's all caused by the webhost who has decided to re-direct unsuspecting vistors to sites on thier webspace, to being shown a hard-core **** site site!!!!
Thanks - nice of them to warn me an others!!!!!!

apparently the re-direction depends upon the geographic region your'e surfing from.

In which case - who here knows how to possibly fool this system, by you looking as if your in a different place to the one youre really in, thus tricking the system of your real location????
Old Dec 09, 2003, 12:06 AM
Veteran

They normally sort the region you come from by reverse DNS lookup of your IP. Therefore if you used a proxy from the correct region, whos IP was not recognised by them, you should be able to get round the problem. Of course finding the right proxy may be fun

Last edited by Demo; Dec 09, 2003 at 12:08 AM.