CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 23, 2003, 11:26 AM

Exclamation Problem with IE and other sites (ebay)

sponsored links

Hey,

When ever I try to access ebay.co.uk or a few other sites, I always seem to get the page below:

[IMG]********mm3c.co.uk/ss.JPG[/IMG]

Ive tried running adaware and Spybot. But neither of them could fix it.

I also have this problem with another computer on the same network.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 05:54 PM

Did you try to connect to ebay through a favorite on your pc, or by entering the link in the address bar or through a search engine.

If it was through a favorite, I would suspect you have been browser hijacked, and your favorites have been messed with and probably your home page and default search page also.

Just out of interest when you click on the search button(Magnifying Glass) and the search bar opens up on the left hand side, what search engine is displayed, MSN is the default search engine unless you have changed it yourself, if you have got anything else it is a sure sign of a browser hijack.

A good little program for removing the most common browser Hijack is CoolWebShredder, it won't make any changes unless you have a hijack so it is safe to use.

***********.spychecker.com/program/cwshredder.html

Another thing to look at is your hosts file, I had a problem like this once and there were entries in the hosts file which when I tried to get to a certain site I was redirected to another. try running 'Hijack this@ and post the logfile it creates and I am sure there are some experts here who can help

***********.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip