CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:01 PM

Default how do you clone CD [gateway; 700s series; winXP]

sponsored links

I have clone CD, but when i try to make a backup copy of GTA vice city it doesn't work.

i copied using the original GTA vice city play disk and i selected protected game copy from the menu. when i click the icon on the desktop to play vice city the chrsor changes into the little CD cursor just like it should, but then after a minute it changes back and the CD drive stops spinning.

i do not have many CD-R disks left to experiment with, heck i have enough bad ones to make a beverage coaster company! what settings do you all usually use clone CD with to get the right burn?

i also burned at 48X and chose On the fly copying, if that helps.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:21 PM
Veteran

Clone CD can't clone GTA Vice City as it is protected with Securom v4.8.x. Closest you can get with CloneCD is to patch the image before burning with TwinPeak.

I would not recommend copying on the fly when it comes to protected PC games.

If you want a 1:1 copy then you will need to use BlindWrite and a Plextor Premium.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:25 PM

how many friggen programs are there!!!

i have four cd writting programs, and now i need two more!?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 05:26 AM
Veteran

Well unless you have a Plextor Premium then BlindWrite isn't really going to help that much, at least not unless you want a copy that requires emulation.

TwinPeak is just a small utillity although to use it you need a BWA file to go with your CCD image, which means that either you download it or you need BlindWrite anyway.

Could also try Alcoholer's twin creator which supports both MDS and BWA's.

I think that I have maybe 9 burning programs installed. Not including utils such as twinpeak, daemon-tools, etc..
Old Nov 24, 2003, 09:49 AM

Ok, now i have blind write, but is makes an even less usable copy of GTA vice city!

i also have several dreamcast copy disks, what program should i use to copy them? i used the CD image off the internet method here, but the thing is my computer needed reformatting when the OS got corrupted, so i lost all the images on my drive.

how should i copy these??? I tried with clone CD to create an exact copy, but that didn't work, i got through a few game menu's before the screen became messed up looking and i couldn't do anything. when i used blind write i got the cd player screen of failure.

is there some kind of all inclusive chart or something that lists the tasks people commonly have and what programs or procedures they should follow???