CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:25 PM

Default PS2 DVD burning ISO

sponsored links

Hi, I just got a dvd-burner, so I tried burning something on the dvd+rw disk it came with, and had no luck...reason being, it actually burnt the ISO as a file (nero).

Is it even possible to burn ps2 games onto dvd+rws? I'm trying to burn a FFX-2 ISO, can you suggest a good program? Nero doesn't like me.

Thanks

o.0 didn't realise this was wrong forum, still thought I was in PS2 game backup..anyway, move it please? sorry about that.

Last edited by Yushiro; Nov 26, 2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 03:07 PM
Veteran

You need to select burn image in Nero, not burn data CD. You haven't said what version of Nero you have, so I can't tell you exactly where it is but it's under either the File or Recorder menu.

Yes you can burn a game to DVD+RW but I don't know what luck you'll have getting the PS2 to read it.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 08:10 PM
Veteran

Moving this to the PS2 forum.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 11:37 PM

Thanks, using nero 6+, I tried burning it again, properly this time, all the files copied great, but my ps2 isn't reading it.
Also tried burning a bin/cue of SSX3, dvdrip, the cd copied fine, but again, my ps2 is choking on it...
It's a version 1 ps2, with some sort of messiah chip, sometimes games don't boot so I have to restart my ps2, but other than that it's fine. I heard I could only use a certain color disk on it, but I'm using silvers here, and they should work fine.

-On closer inspection, the disk wasn't perfectly silver..more of a blue tint, I dunno if that makes a difference, but whatever, it's definitely to do with the ps2, it reads purple/silver ps2 dvds perfectly, and also silver ps1 games. I'm about to try a silver infiniti disk, if that doesn't work, I'm doing something wrong.-

Ok, the infiniti one works, Kind of.
The game seems to be running fine, only problem is, the spinning disk sounds very scratchy and unhealthy...is this normal?!

Last edited by Yushiro; Nov 26, 2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 01:13 AM
Veteran

Your problem is probably your media. RW formats (both - and +) aren't known to be the most compatible with PS2s. Also DVD-R is the format that is most compatible with all versions of PS2s and in particular: Ritek, Fujifilm, Taiyo Yuden and Apple brands all work great.
Old Nov 27, 2003, 01:35 AM

Okay, well I don't currently have any dvd-r, but I've been looking around recently, a bit unsure of which would work, but you've listed Ritek, and I've seen them going cheap. I'll get a spindle of those and see how it goes, thanks a lot