CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 27, 2003, 11:12 PM

sponsored links

Och Aye Laddy ! I have some Scottish and Welsh friends back where I used to live.... great m8's and loooovvvvveeee a beer or 30

Hey on another note....

I put the Seagate 160 gig HD into my PC as a Slave on my Primary IDE and it is not readable... that I understand because it is XBox formatted.... but I ran some low level Seagate software which u hav to boot from a CD and I thought it would at least tell me the drive was full or partially used.... because it has heaps of mods, games etc. on it in 6 different partitions.... but the Seagate software which is for Partitioning etc. says the drive is totally unprepared and empty...

Is that what it should say ?
Is there some software I can use to look at whats on the HD while it is hooked into my PC ?

Thx
blanes
Old Nov 28, 2003, 08:45 AM
Veteran

There is some software m8, but it's a pain in the *** to use and VERY buggy. All PC software will see the drive as blank. As you gathered, it's because it's formatted with the XFS (Xbox File System).

To be honest, it's not worth bothering trying to get your PC to read it. Just hang on until you can boot it. Be a better suprise that way anyways!

Oh, and as for the beer thing, we're not that bad. It's not 'always' 30 at a time... could be 40 if we're recovering from a hang over!
Old Nov 28, 2003, 02:58 PM
Veteran

first thing first m8 put original drive back in boot with the modchip does it come up with the cromwell bios screen m8
Old Nov 28, 2003, 10:02 PM

Thx 4 ya help Memphis... re-flashed and everything working fine now

the enable / disable switch is really loose and floppy whilst the others hav a definate click.... do u think it is common problem and likely to cause some difficulty later on ?

cheers m8
blanes
Old Nov 29, 2003, 07:37 AM
Veteran

The switch should be alright m8. Should it stop working though, you know it's worked a little loose. I've not personally used a 2.2 so I can't advise on if there should be a definate lock. Don't worry about it, if it works worry about it when it doesn't!
Old Nov 29, 2003, 02:00 PM

cheers m8

Hey did u see my other post re getting my saves off my old hd ?

any ideas ?

blanes