CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 29, 2003, 02:52 PM

Default Internet Eplorer 6 problem : Win XP [; ; winXP]

sponsored links

I wonder if anyone can help please. I have been using the internet with no problem for ages, but today with a few websites i get the following error message when i try to go to these sites (im using internet explorer 6). The main one is the skysports home page (***********.skysports.com/skysports/home).

Error Message: Internet explorer cannot open the internet site ***********.skysports.com/skysports/home. operation aborted.

This is starting to happen on other sites as well.

I have scanned for viruses and searched the microsoft knowledge base but cannot find a solution. Can anyone help, or is it a problem with the website(s)?

Thanks for any help

Renton

PS I have Internet explorer 6 with Service pack 1 and all the downloads from windows update installed

Last edited by renton_72; Nov 29, 2003 at 03:15 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 03:43 PM
suspended

You can try deleting all your temporary internet files, cookies, and history to see if that will help. However it may be a browser hijack so if the above doesn't help, have a look [url=***********.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/#removal][b]HERE[/b] on ways to remove it. If you do run HijackThis, be sure to post your log file [url=********forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=11][b]HERE[/b] before making any changes.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 05:52 PM

Thanks alot ElaineM the links you provided help me solve the problem. It was all sorted when i ran CWshredder and that solved the problem.

Thanks again, much appreciated