CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 04, 2003, 12:33 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

I remembered when I first started out a few years back I think I destroyed 3 ps2s in the begining but I finally got the forth one right with a neo 2.2
This is what got me into reparing them and serious chippping I had to learn in the school of hard knocks
(Be prepared to loose a few in the begining if you want to do this seriously also I did start out chipping psones also, If its a one time deal its best off just to get someone else to do it)
I wanted to be an installer so I kept on going

Man I remember when it took me 8 hours to do a neo 2.2 and now I can install a Messiah 2 in about 2 hours now.

My ps2 chipping record is like
310(Wins)-5(Losses)-2(draws)
I think I can take on Lennox Lewis now!

Last edited by ps2daddy; Dec 04, 2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2003, 12:40 PM
Veteran

I have about the same record as you, daddy. My first starchip install when very, very wrong (on my own system of course) and I had been chipping PSX since the chip came out. I found the legs impossible, now it's one of the easiest parts for me. When are we going to get all the modders together and have a "chip-off"? I recommend Vegas for the meeting site.
Old Dec 04, 2003, 12:45 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by madison mods [/i]
[B]I have about the same record as you, daddy. My first starchip install when very, very wrong (on my own system of course) and I had been chipping PSX since the chip came out. I found the legs impossible, now it's one of the easiest parts for me. When are we going to get all the modders together and have a "chip-off"? I recommend Vegas for the meeting site. [/B]
Your on Madisonmods
Me you, moddogs,gameplaya376, and Spagboll on payperview
You're all goin down I'm gonna lay the modchip smackdown on ya, Oh Yeah!

LOL

BTW How is it going madisonmods?

Last edited by ps2daddy; Dec 04, 2003 at 02:14 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2003, 12:47 PM
Banned

please note his post 3 days after this 1 "PS2 Modchip installation gone wrong" . as far as me my first install and every 1 after that has been successful but i also have been repairing home and car audio equipment for many years prior , not sure how many ive done but i think im close to 100 installs/repairs . and im so down with vegas , maybe we should have it at the bunny ranch i think its near by .
Old Dec 04, 2003, 12:48 PM
Veteran

Lets do it gameplaya376
Old Dec 04, 2003, 03:34 PM
Veteran

Alrighty then, I'm going to get my Metcal multi volt soldering station out of dry storage and then start practicing my high-speed wire stripping. Top prize will be a pile of broken PS2s. I'll also throw my bag of useless NEO 2 chips in, and all of the no-solder chips I've taken out of people's systems (after they "saw the light").
Maybe we can invite some vendors also, have a booth where we can throw our bad Messiah 2 chips at the makers or something...
This is going to be bigger than the Superbowl...