CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 04, 2003, 03:39 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by madison mods [/i]
[B]Alrighty then, I'm going to get my Metcal multi volt soldering station out of dry storage and then start practicing my high-speed wire stripping. Top prize will be a pile of broken PS2s. I'll also throw my bag of useless NEO 2 chips in, and all of the no-solder chips I've taken out of people's systems (after they "saw the light").
Maybe we can invite some vendors also, have a booth where we can throw our bad Messiah 2 chips at the makers or something...
This is going to be bigger than the Superbowl... [/B]
Sounds like it would be fun!!!

Man I dont even remember the last time I used my programmer or my pic copier to make one of neo 2.2 or neo keys. I think I have about 20 blank chips still.

I remeber when I made a neokey stand that had a light and I tried to sell the idea to playstationmods.
Those were the good old days

We could have the chipmakers sponsor us
sign autographs.................
Have modchip evengelism workshops...........
I could put hydraulics and skateboard wheels on my ps2 and make it into a lowrider.............
Lights Dancin girls..............
The whole enchalada
Old Dec 05, 2003, 10:47 PM
Banned

dam if i only wasent just a poor mod installer id pay for the whole thing
Old Dec 13, 2003, 06:57 AM

Post A Query On This Thread

I have read this entire thread and am interested in learning more about how to do this. The realization that I have trouble holding a pencil for more than 20 seconds brings me back to reality, with that a given can you reccoment any sites that show the heiarchy of the mod chips ?

I have been on this board at the moment for about 10 hours or so and have been taking mad notes, and everyone just seems to know. I would like to so there is my thought.

There seems to be quite a difference in opinion as to which is the best, could you reccomend any sites that show the specs of these said chips.

Any Help Would Be Madly Appreciated.
Old Dec 13, 2003, 08:27 AM
Veteran

There used to be charts that listed all of the capabilities of chips, but they are far outdated and inaccurate. I guess the best way is looking around on this forum and others and get people's opinions. Keep in mind, they are only opinions. Someone may have had a bad experience with one chip and have sworn it off forever, even if someone else's works fine. Basically, all non-swap chips do the same thing, boot backups. Some have extras, like the DMS3. Other people say that price is very important, you get what you pay for. What I think it comes down to is if you get a good install done (by you or someone else) and use good media you shouldn't have any problems...
Old Oct 17, 2004, 11:19 AM

go to www.modchip.ca or www.modchip.us they got really good solder irons for $20 also when you buy a chip there they give all they solder and wiring youll need as a bonus
Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:01 PM

i learned to solder so i could do my psx about 5 or so years ago. those were something like 4 or 6 wires. it was hard then but now a days i can do a psx in under 15min easy, probably 10 if im being careful. since then i rewired my room, starting making circuits etc. after all that a ps2 wasnt all that hard. if you dont know how to solder at all it would most likely be hard. the hardest part i thought was how long it took. I had my wires quite long so I had to recut tin them again to make it look all nice. I used one of those little things with the alligator clips on them to hold the wires next the contact as close as it could then i would just take teezers to hold it onto the point which helped. I would suggest getting multimeter pole things (not sure what to call them) that are really small to check for bridges. i made myself some out of needles, hot glue, standard PC power supply wire, and empty pen shells. if you have an idea of what your doing and what you want to avoid doing you should be fine. just go slow. and thats the end of my rambling.