CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 02, 2003, 07:08 PM

Default Format Locked Xbox Harddrive???

sponsored links

I have searched the forums to find the answer to this exact question Can you format an Xbox hard drive that has been locked without the key. I do not want to salvage the data or anything. I just want to format an 80gb drive without my xbox or the hd key??? Can you whipe the drive completely without destroying it somehow? I would prefer it to be a software solution as opposed to opening the drive if possible.
Could some here advise the chances? I had an error with Eepromer and now it seemd my drive is locked and it seems like it was formatted, any ideas???
Ta
Matt
Old Dec 02, 2003, 07:48 PM
Veteran

as far as i know if the HD is locked then there is NOWAY of doing anything to it, you'll need the original xbox's motherboard for that HD.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 07:51 PM
Veteran

they should really get rid of the old hard drive tuts on xbox-scene... people are destroying expensive equipment when they don't need to..
config magic anyone? push a button, locked.... destroy your motherboard somehow but your drive is locked? no problem, you know the password is going to be TEAMASSEMBLY.
sorry about your luck bro, but if it's locked and you don't have the key there is NO WAY to salvage the drive..
Old Dec 02, 2003, 08:02 PM

I used config magic and I thought my hard drive password would be teamassembly. How would I find out if that was what it is via my pc? How can I test it??
I used Eepromer on it at the last thing, could that have been the reason why it stuffed up? Also would that have changed the passwrod at all?
Ta
Matt

Last edited by Mattycee; Dec 02, 2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:03 PM
Veteran

I was going to make a topic like this. How can i use my locked 120gb hard drive from my other xbox again on my new one. Can the slayers disc do it do I have to unlock my original hard drive to do it. Is there an evox disc with config magic on it made to do just this.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 09:26 PM
Veteran

the new evox has the config magic functions built in, so it would be on slayers as well....
also, why would you use eepromer if you allready locked the drive? locked to the motherboard is just that, locked... no reversing without the password.