CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 06, 2003, 09:01 AM

Default PROBLEM, DVD+RW format media, burning to DVD+R

sponsored links

I have an HP 300I DVD Burner. I have succesfully burned many DVD+RW discs and was able to overwite them with no problem. Here is the problem. I recently bought a 50 pack of what was advertised as Ritek DVD+RW media from a seller on Ebay. HP's disc compatability setting utility sees the untouched media as a blank DVD+RW disc. However after I burn the disc with Nero, dvdxcopy or Vertias Record now. The disc becomes read only. After burning HP's disc compatability setting utility sees the disc as a mode 2 disc and Neros disc info sees the disc as DVD+R. This is the confusing part. If I format the blank disc to use with DLA. I am able to reformat or delete and add more files just by draging and dropping the files which would lead me to believe that this is DVD+RW media. Am I correct in assuming that this is not possible with DVD+R media, or is it? Note that the batch of discs that I originally used, before I bought the Ritek discs still work as DVD+RW discs and can be reformatted and reused. I have the latest firmware udate for the drive. The disc came is a cake tray with no label to identify what type of media it is. There is a number stamp on the plastic which is 3200G522 08622 03. I was not able to come up with anything with this number but perhaps someone can identify these discs with it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks