CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 06, 2003, 04:29 PM

Question newbie very confused:(

sponsored links

Hello Sorry to bother everyone im not sure if this is the right forum to post in but im new and im not really sure where to start off at. Alright well anyways I have PS2 and i had the game True Crime and it got steped on in my room and broke. I was wondering if theres any place i can go to get the back up file for it. Im not sure what u would call it but like the game. Also i have no idea how any of the backing up of the disks work. Is there any good programs to use to back up the games? Right now i have something called Frontend or something and im not really sure how it all works out.. Also i have a normal CD burner not a DVD burner. Do you need a DVD burner to back up your games? Or can you use a normal burner? This is how i think it might work but im not sure... I have nero and if you burning a CD of any kind it asked if u want to make an image or if u want to burn it do you make an image of it on nero and then use a diffrent program to put it on another disk? Also i need a boot disk im not sure where to get one of them either. Once again im very sorry if this is the wrong forum i have looked around the site and everything i see i dont understand might as well have been written in japan. So if someone can please help me out im very intrested in this idea seeing how it could save me from wasting another 50 bucks. So if someone can help me out with this that would be great. Thanks again hope to hear from u.
Old Dec 06, 2003, 09:03 PM
Veteran

We actually have a PS2 forum here specifically for PS2 releated topics so I'll move this there now.
Old Dec 06, 2003, 10:23 PM
Veteran

Well first and foremost Lil Nick, do you have a modchip/swap-method? If not then you won't be able to play backups no matter what you do. You can backup games with a CD Burner but you will have to rip out everything but the actual game itself (no movies, languages, ect.) on all DVD-ROM based games (which most of the newer ones are). Also the other problem with that is that rips are known to pre-maturely kill your PS2 laser. DVD Burners are cheap enough now that you really should consider in investing in one $150 or less will get you a very nice burner.
Old Dec 07, 2003, 02:41 PM

if you got a chip go to BST
Old Dec 07, 2003, 09:11 PM
Veteran

Well unless he meets the requirements he can't get in.
Old Dec 08, 2003, 11:30 AM
Veteran

It seems it would be cheaper to just buy another disk used from ebay.com or BBV.